China unicom mi3

matte77

Members
Mar 6, 2014
Hello I am in china looking on a xiaomi mi3 snapdragon 800 version. I was to a china Unicom store in Kaili where I stay. I asked if possible use the mi3 they sell in Sweden where I also live some times. The seller say if I use Chinese number is possible but don't know if I use swedish number. I asked if it's operator locked but she didn't understand so I asking here instead. Does anybody know if the mi3 china Unicom sell is same as the international snapdragon version and is unlocked? Price for the 64 gb version was 3500 yuan. I guess about same as buying from xiaomi world...
Thanks in advance

So far I have not tried it outside of China, but my Unicom MI3 64GB accepted both my German and my China Mobile-SIM-cards. For more details click here. By the way: Yesterday, March 8th, I paid 2750 RMB.

Thanks for answer, I go to shanghai next week so I go to that xiaomi store you link to. You were able to pay with foreign credit card or cash only?

That was quick! You should know, that the Xiaomi service center is NOT a shop. You cannot buy a phone there. It is just a small exhibition of their products to play with and a repair center. And the place where I bought mine is - let's call it - an independent dealer. An ATM is available in the same building, so I paid with cash. I also paid 80 RMB for a ...what do you call that?..."wrapper" made out of plastic and supposed-to-be leather. I think I overpaid on that. I also got a "protective sheet" (what do you call that thing again?) for the display for free.

Ah ok, but this "independent "dealer" is situated in same building? I go this place next place next week I'm In shanghai
Edit: ah now I understand, is by the shanghai railway station you buy the xiaomi. Ok I go this place next week, thanks :)

Last edited:
Hi,
just to update on the "foreign" SIM card issue. I have/had several Xiaomi phones (Hongmi WCDMA / 2S WCDMA and Mi3 WCDMA ) all work perfectly with my german SIM card everywhere. Even the TCDMA models will work outside of China, in 2 G mode only ;-)