Chrome Crashes In My Mi4c

juanKarl

Members
Jan 30, 2016
Hi,
I've used my mi4c with Xiaomi.eu ROM based on Android 5 for a while. Everything worked perfectly but Chrome browser crashes frequently. Several times every time I had to search something in the web.
I knew Xiaomi was working on a Nougat based version of Miui for this device, so I decided to wait and update to that version, I thought the problem would disappear.
When Android 7 version of Miui was available I asked Xiaomi for unlocking my mi4c bootloader, I flashed the developer version of that ROM with MiFlash and when I had the approval SMS I successfully unlocked the bootloader.
Then I flashed TWRP and after that, the Xiaomi.eu ROM (in order to use my phone with spanish language).
Now I'm surprised cause Chrome is still crashing the same way it did before all this flashing procedures.
Anybody has experienced this issue?
Thank you all in advance.

Some of us had experienced this problem too.

I haven't find a fix. I changed the browser.

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk

Reactions: juanKarl
Mi4C nougat is still very unstable, in my opinion unusable. I recommend you to use stable builds until they release more stable Nougat.

Hi all! I have a perfect solution for all of you, as i had the same problem!

All you need is to block Chrome in the app carousel!

Just open the app carousel by tapping the left button - pull the chrome block down (it will appear a lock sign at the top) - turn on the app blocking by tapping on that sign - enjoy your experience without these annoying crashes!

You can use this trick with another apps with that problem as well