Clockwork Recovery for Xiaomi Mi-2 ?

Jul 24, 2011
So can't you just flash the ROM then install your 2 apps. Clockwork will probably never come to this device. I suppose you could send me your zip and I will look at it. It should technically flash. Have you tried flashing it using the updater app...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
If you signed .zip for M2 and it still shows signature verification error then... you still don't have properly signed zip.

Use this code:
Code:
    java -Xmx2048m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 zip_to_sign.zip signed_zip.zip
Make sure you have: -w switch!

Teskeys you can find in MiCode git, but others might work aswell.

Jan 9, 2013
So can't you just flash the ROM then install your 2 apps. Clockwork will probably never come to this device. I suppose you could send me your zip and I will look at it. It should technically flash. Have you tried flashing it using the updater app...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2
Wrong. Wait a little bit :D

Jul 24, 2011
Dev in my country wait the shipping (already bought) for the xiaomi and when has received we have immediately cwm and 2 or 3 rom (ported from other smartphone with jelly bean). Wait and pray.
2 or 3 roms. now this is getting even more interesting. Glad to see that even with no sources people are still developing on this device. I had pretty much accepted i would be "stuck"(not that it's a bad thing cause i love miui) with miui. Still hopping to get xiaomi to open source at some point.

Jan 8, 2013
If you signed .zip for M2 and it still shows signature verification error then... you still don't have properly signed zip.

Use this code:
Code:
    java -Xmx2048m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 zip_to_sign.zip signed_zip.zip
Make sure you have: -w switch!

Teskeys you can find in MiCode git, but others might work aswell.
Thanks a lot :) this code worked for me and updated successfuly. But I didn't see the effect of update.zip that should be. (apk files not installed)

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
So you installed update.zip for 2.12.29 with your app integrated and...? Version is correct but you doesnt see those apps?
Can't you install apps in /data ?

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
I don't understand why, your putting those apps into /system/app instead of install it manually like normal app.
But if you wan't this way then those apps should also be signed by the code I provided.

Apr 7, 2011
I don't get it. I downloaded the Miuiandroid 3.1.19 Version, the Language Pack, the Google Apps and copied all together and created a ZIP. Like 10000 times before on other devices. BUT in MIUI we have to sign the Zip and I tried it with 3 different tools and even with the code a couple of post above.

BUT nothing, it tells me everytime verficiation error. ANY IDEA ???

Apr 7, 2011
I don't get it. I downloaded the Miuiandroid 3.1.19 Version, the Language Pack, the Google Apps and copied all together and created a ZIP. Like 10000 times before on other devices. BUT in MIUI we have to sign the Zip and I tried it with 3 different tools and even with the code a couple of post above.

Jan 8, 2013

Sign on Ubuntu with sign_all.sh file.

ubuntu.png

Attachments

Apr 7, 2011
I will try with an LIVE CD, because now I tried with 5 different methods, or do I have to I have to pay attention with anything special when I am doing a zip,,, ???