Clockwork Recovery for Xiaomi Mi-2 ?

Shewky

Members
Jan 8, 2013
Hi all!
Is there a possibility install Clockwork Recovery for Xiaomi Mi-2 ?

I want for install my custom rom :/
I did signed my update.zip. But can not install on miui's recovery...

I want install on recovery. But cannot installing :/
So I make sign, still cannot installing :/

So can't you just flash the ROM then install your 2 apps. Clockwork will probably never come to this device. I suppose you could send me your zip and I will look at it. It should technically flash. Have you tried flashing it using the updater app...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

If you signed .zip for M2 and it still shows signature verification error then... you still don't have properly signed zip.

Use this code:
Code:
    java -Xmx2048m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 zip_to_sign.zip signed_zip.zip
Make sure you have: -w switch!

Teskeys you can find in MiCode git, but others might work aswell.

Reactions: Shewky
So can't you just flash the ROM then install your 2 apps. Clockwork will probably never come to this device. I suppose you could send me your zip and I will look at it. It should technically flash. Have you tried flashing it using the updater app...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2
Wrong. Wait a little bit :D

Lenny_kano got also M2 from Xiaomi. He's working on CMW recovery port :)
Dev in my country wait the shipping (already bought) for the xiaomi and when has received we have immediately cwm and 2 or 3 rom (ported from other smartphone with jelly bean). Wait and pray.

Reactions: grondinm
Dev in my country wait the shipping (already bought) for the xiaomi and when has received we have immediately cwm and 2 or 3 rom (ported from other smartphone with jelly bean). Wait and pray.

2 or 3 roms. now this is getting even more interesting. Glad to see that even with no sources people are still developing on this device. I had pretty much accepted i would be "stuck"(not that it's a bad thing cause i love miui) with miui. Still hopping to get xiaomi to open source at some point.

If you signed .zip for M2 and it still shows signature verification error then... you still don't have properly signed zip.

Use this code:
Code:
    java -Xmx2048m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 zip_to_sign.zip signed_zip.zip
Make sure you have: -w switch!

Teskeys you can find in MiCode git, but others might work aswell.

Thanks a lot :) this code worked for me and updated successfuly. But I didn't see the effect of update.zip that should be. (apk files not installed)

So you installed update.zip for 2.12.29 with your app integrated and...? Version is correct but you doesnt see those apps?
Can't you install apps in /data ?

qc.apk and hidmen.apk for see "HiddenMenu" on phone. Actually, I see this apks for Android 4.0.4 :/
Can't installing

I don't understand why, your putting those apps into /system/app instead of install it manually like normal app.
But if you wan't this way then those apps should also be signed by the code I provided.

Cuz cannot installing normally.

1.png

2.png

These apks: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8135619/apk.rar

I don't get it. I downloaded the Miuiandroid 3.1.19 Version, the Language Pack, the Google Apps and copied all together and created a ZIP. Like 10000 times before on other devices. BUT in MIUI we have to sign the Zip and I tried it with 3 different tools and even with the code a couple of post above.

BUT nothing, it tells me everytime verficiation error. ANY IDEA ???

I don't get it. I downloaded the Miuiandroid 3.1.19 Version, the Language Pack, the Google Apps and copied all together and created a ZIP. Like 10000 times before on other devices. BUT in MIUI we have to sign the Zip and I tried it with 3 different tools and even with the code a couple of post above.

Sign on Ubuntu with sign_all.sh file.

ubuntu.png

Attachments

• sign.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 224
I will try with an LIVE CD, because now I tried with 5 different methods, or do I have to I have to pay attention with anything special when I am doing a zip,,, ???

iam not dump and done a lot of Roms, had never to sign anything, but this can't be so difficult. Even installed Ubuntu and done what you have said, the script tells me YEAH its done, but nothing happens, no new File is created

Attachments

• Bildschirmaufnahme 1.png
    Bildschirmaufnahme 1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 368