New com.android.phone

Sep 25, 2013
Hi,

I'm using MIUI 3.9.20 on my Sony Xperia S but with this version and the both before, i 've got this message:

" Sorry ! the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. "

I can send SMS but I can't receive, only if I reboot my phone but it doesn't work each time.
Except this, all works fine !
I've tried to wipe all but the problem is not resolved.
Is someone with the same problem?

Thank for your reply,

Christophe.

Jul 21, 2012
Reinstall ROM, make full wipe, try even factory reset. And if you still will have this problem, try some other kernel, I had this on my Sensation, but solved after some reinstallations or changing ROM and than getting back to MIUI.
If I am right android.phone have something with calling and sms. So if you get this message you can´t do much with phone. Can you call with it or you do not have signal?

Sep 25, 2013
Hi and thanks for your reply.

I've tried already full wipe, factory reset and also I formatted SD card. The problem is the same after. Before, I was using FXP rom and all was working fine, as also stock Rom. Yes android.phone has to work for calling and SMS. When it crash, I think the process restart because I can phone, send sms but I can't receive sms. I will try to post the miui report because there's something wrong with the firewall ... I'll let you know.

Mar 1, 2013
Seems like a bad / insufficient port of miui.

Whoever created that ROM forgot to copy over a method into the smali files.

You would be best off reporting it to it's author.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 4

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Seems like a bad / insufficient port of miui.

Whoever created that ROM forgot to copy over a method into the smali files.

You would be best off reporting it to it's author.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 4
well replied :)

May 20, 2013
Enter the develop settings (I don't know if it is called so in english)..... and disable "show Anr Errors" and disable "Show FC"...... so the annoying message should disappear..