Confused Over Updating Or Not And From Where!

shadowerwtas

Members
Dec 21, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am really confused on what i have to do in general with the updates. But let me explain you first.

I bought my Xiaomi Mi4c from banggood in the past and while i was watching in the updater i saw that all this time 0 updates came online so i dig up a bit on the Internet and found that original Xiaomi phones don't have pre-installed Google Play etc, but mine came already with it.
So from my understandings i don't have the original miui rom right? What if update from miui.com site?
Will i have any problem downloading the update and install it via the Updater? Will Google Play and other stuff be still there or will i miss them?

Also last question if with the official update i m gonna miss Google Play and other stuff i guess i have to get the unofficial from here, but can i simply download the file and use it from the Updater or will i have to go over fastboot and TWRP as i read in some guides? If so do i have to apply for unlock or because i already have an unofficial rom from banggood is the bootloader unlocked already?

Best Regards,
shadowerwtas

My phone specs:
Model Number: Mi-4c
Android Version: 5.1.1 LMY47V
MIUI Version: MIUI 7.0 | Stable 7.0.16.0.0 (LXKCNCI)

I see.. Thank you a lot for the answer.
So on my way to get TWRP and install the latest ROM from here.

Hello again,
I still haven't flashed yet because i need a clarification. If i flash EU ROM directly from the one i have already will i lose my apps and data in storage? Do i have to wipe everything? Because i don't want to lose my setup or my files.

Yes it will wipe everything so definitely backup, i think you can use the built in mi backup to backup apps/some data, then backup that file to a pc or SD card.

Or there are plenty of apps like Super Backup & Restore from the Play Store.

Reactions: iamme729
Tried already the MI PC Suite but there is a bug a can't back up my device... I am trying the build in back up setting from the phone now and just in case i ll use Titanium back up too... thank you everyone for your answers.
After the backup i ll follow the guide i found here to flash the latest rom!

Tried already the MI PC Suite but there is a bug a can't back up my device... I am trying the build in back up setting from the phone now and just in case i ll use Titanium back up too... thank you everyone for your answers.
After the backup i ll follow the guide i found here to flash the latest rom!
Just be careful as the built in MI Backup only backs up system, Apps & App Data.
Not your photos, SMS, email etc.

I suggest you use the inbuilt MI Backup & another backup App from the Play Store as a secondary backup.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk