Connecting a MiBox to Laptop via USB

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Jensen, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Jensen

JensenMembers

Oct 26, 2013
    Male
    Hi Guys, Need some help here. I was trying to connect to a MiBox (Xiaomi Box) via USB to my laptop. But was prompted that there was no driver install, hence I let it search for available driver. However, there was no driver found. Anyone can help to advise where I can find the driver. My purpose was to install VST to the MiBox. Thanks.

2. modemfish

modemfishMembers

Oct 1, 2014
    Male
    Just had the same issue. After trying on a number of pc's laptops etc came to the conclusion that the usb is not enabled. Then bingo. Go into settings on the mibox -go to storage (strange that it's here) - and then use the menu option (on the remote)- you'll then see USB to PC options. I checked the first. Then all was fine.. hope that sorts you out...

\The second part of the puzzle is tools like SnapPea (recommended) will require USB debugging enabled. and you need developer options for this. To enable developer options: Go to settings - select about mibox (last item in the list) - then i think it's the last item listed within this. Spam click this item and then it will tell you - you are so many clicks away from being a developer. until finally it says Developer mode enabled. You now need to reboot the mibox. Once rebooted go back into settings. You'll see a new item '{} developer ???' listed. Select this and within this list of options there's a usb debugging checkbox you need to set. You are them a little further along on the journey.

3. Jumianto

JumiantoMembers

Jul 14, 2014
    Male
    IT
    Singapore
    Hi Modemfish,

So you mean we have to connect mibox to TV first?
    I have tried to connect Mibox to laptop and PC but it is detected as unknown device. haizz..

appreciate your reply.

Best regards,
    Jumi

Share Our Site