Connection To Pc With Usb

EA94Z

Members
Aug 6, 2016
Hi, i have a Mi5 with ROM 7.5 Stable by Xiaomi.EU, everything works but when connect mi5 to PC with UBS cable and try to copy file Mi5 to PC after 5-6 sec. get this message : You can not copy, the device has disconnected. I tried on windows 10 and on Windows 7. In Windows 10 doesn't work, ever. In Windows 7 it works only if you duplicate a file in Mi5... It's a rom bug or telephone bug? Is there a hotfix for this?

Thanks, Best regards.

I have the same problem, with Windows 10. I hope somebody has a solution...
I tried via a FTP, but that also has connection problems

I've had no problems with Windows 10. Select Charging from USB from the notification bar and then select File Transfer(MTP). Works very well. You could check which drivers your computer is using to collect to the phone. In device manager I have microsoft drivers for Mi5 under portable devices. I don't know if it's right but it seems to work well.

I've had no problems with Windows 10. Select Charging from USB from the notification bar and then select File Transfer(MTP). Works very well. You could check which drivers your computer is using to collect to the phone. In device manager I have microsoft drivers for Mi5 under portable devices. I don't know if it's right but it seems to work well.
I do exactly as you said, but it doesn't work...
Drivers are those that Mi5 has automatically installed, but i tried to install manually this : Qualcomm Drivers. It doesn't work. In device manager I see Mi5 Device correctly.What version of ROM you have installed?

7.5.2.0(MAAMIDE) which came with the phone. It was from Wonda Mobile and they added the Play Store and removed some bloatware. It received a small update so I'm guessing its genuine. Below is what my driver looks like for MTP.

driverMi5.jpg

Its interesting - If I go to USB debugging under MTP I get one sort of ADB driver and if I do it under PTP I get another - Android Composite ADB which is under an Android Phone category. not relevant here really

Yes. Speaking with the site engineers from whom I bought the phone advised me to try changing USB cable. I highly doubt that it can be the cable. However now I have only 1. Let me know as soon as I get the opportunity to change it.

I have just checked and MTP works when USB Debuging is enabled so its not that. I know that USB-C cables can be tricky. Is it the one that came with the phone? Worth trying another cable.