Correct Twrp Package For Installing Xiaomi.eu Stable V8.0.10.0.maacndh_v8-6.0.zip

Jaime DLH

Members
Aug 31, 2016
Hi all,

I'm seriously considering buying a Xiaomi Mi 5 (especially after knowing that the base price for the upcoming Google Pixel will be $649!), but I wanted to ask a couple questions. I would want to flash xiaomi.eu stable V8.0.10.0.MAACNDH as soon as possible, but I've seen that there are several TWRP packages available for download here (it's the link provided in the ROM download page in this site):

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=50678

The latest TWRP available there for the gemini device (Mi 5) is named "TWRP_gemini_MIUIv8.zip"; I would think that's the correct one for flashing xiaomi.eu v8, but the zip does not include the modified boot.img (which I understand is necessary for the Mi 5). So, I'd like to ask which would be the correct procedure for flashing the aforementioned xiaomi.eu version, especially which TWRP package would I need and if it's necessary to flash the boot.img file.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering buying a Xiaomi Mi 5 (especially after knowing that the base price for the upcoming Google Pixel will be $649!), but I wanted to ask a couple questions. I would want to flash xiaomi.eu stable V8.0.10.0.MAACNDH as soon as possible, but I've seen that there are several TWRP packages available for download here (it's the link provided in the ROM download page in this site):

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=50678

The latest TWRP available there for the gemini device (Mi 5) is named "TWRP_gemini_MIUIv8.zip"; I would think that's the correct one for flashing xiaomi.eu v8, but the zip does not include the modified boot.img (which I understand is necessary for the Mi 5). So, I'd like to ask which would be the correct procedure for flashing the aforementioned xiaomi.eu version, especially which TWRP package would I need and if it's necessary to flash the boot.img file.

Thanks in advance for the help!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=67630517
Check what's your LCD type by typing 'cat proc/hwinfo' in a terminal, or use apps like AIDA, Castro.

sent from my Mi5

Interesting, thanks hybris!! But your response adds an additional issue: it seems like there are two different TWRP versions, depending on which LCD panel is on the device (as I have not purchased it yet, I don't have that information). If I decide on purchasing it, I'll have to take that into account.

But what about the modified boot.img? I'd still have to flash that, right?

Interesting, thanks hybris!! But your response adds an additional issue: it seems like there are two different TWRP versions, depending on which LCD panel is on the device (as I have not purchased it yet, I don't have that information). If I decide on purchasing it, I'll have to take that into account.

But what about the modified boot.img? I'd still have to flash that, right?
No, that's not necessary. This LCD "issue" will be solved when devs will manage to make kernel sources working.

Btw, I suggest you to always flash weeklies.

sent from my Mi5

Thank you, I had read that post. However, the instructions there seem to be for installing Stable 7.2.13.0, can I use the TWRP version and edited boot.img linked there to safely flash stable V8.0.10.0, then?
I still suggest you to follow my instructions.

sent from my Mi5

Thanks, hybris. I'll wait until october 4 (to see the actual pricing on the Google Pixel phone) to make a decision anyway, but just to clarify: when you said "No, that's not necessary" a couple posts above, I take it that you were referring to flashing the edited boot.img, right? Is that step not necessary?

Also, why exactly do you suggest flashing the weekly over the stable version? I want the most solid, stable experience, I'm not that interested in having the newest, most cutting-edge features. Is there any other reason you suggest weekly over stable?

Thanks, hybris. I'll wait until october 4 (to see the actual pricing on the Google Pixel phone) to make a decision anyway, but just to clarify: when you said "No, that's not necessary" a couple posts above, I take it that you were referring to flashing the edited boot.img, right? Is that step not necessary?

Also, why exactly do you suggest flashing the weekly over the stable version? I want the most solid, stable experience, I'm not that interested in having the newest, most cutting-edge features. Is there any other reason you suggest weekly over stable?
Yes, I was talking about the boot.img.
Well, weeklies are often as (even more) stable as 'stable' itself. Plus, they have latest features.

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Same question here: I just unlocked the bootloader and I don't know if I have to flash TWRP and Boot in the mi5 thread guide (with ROM linked there "Stable 7.2.13.0 for TWRP") that is in the first page and then Miui 8? Or should I flash TWRP recovery for miui 8 zip instead of that? It would be useful a simple step by step guide to flash latest miui 8 rom for mi5. Too confused about TWRP versions.

Ok, here's what I did step by step:

- Unlock bootloader
- Flash TWRP_gemini_MIUIv8.zip (https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24572330218881549) in fastboot
- Reboot to recovery (you can use fastboot commands or use power+vol up)
- Recovery is in chinese, change language to english
- It shows 0mb space -> format data in twrp (it will delete everything )
- Reboot to recovery
- Connect to PC and copy the miui 8 file zip
- Select install and flash Miui 8 rom
- Wipe data, cache and dalvik
- Reboot system

For me it worked perfectly fine. Hope this will help.

Reactions: iamme729
Just flash official twrp via fastboot guys..

sent from my Mi5
I heard it's buggy, don't know honestly cause I didn't try it. I just thought it was better to use the one linked in the xiaomi.eu ROM thread. Do you think the official one works better?

You heard wrong. Works just perfectly. And there's no need of using an old unofficial version instead of a newer official one.

sent from my Mi5

Reactions: vidavi