Correct Update Miui 9.0

Gianmarco1996

Members
Dec 17, 2017
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum even though I've been using xiaomi.eu ROM for months.
First of all I thank you all for the job you do in this community :D
I'm currently running MIUI 8.5.6.0 eu stable on my mi5s, what is the correct procedure to update to MIUI 9 stable? Do I need to update modem or wipe system and data, or I can update from updater app?
Thank you in advance

Hello, you just need to dirty flash. No need to wipe data. The only wipe you can use if you want to is Dalvik and cash. Use the updater app or install from TWRP. Just to be safe make sure you have the last stable TWRP installed.

However a new stable miui9 Chinese ROM for Mi5S was released Friday night but for now still wasn't released here by Xiaomi eu team.
Just wait few days and you can have the latest stable rom provided by the best team. @ingbrzy

Reactions: Gianmarco1996
Hello, you just need to dirty flash. No need to wipe data. The only wipe you can use if you want to is Dalvik and cash. Use the updater app or install from TWRP. Just to be safe make sure you have the last stable TWRP installed.

However a new stable miui9 Chinese ROM for Mi5S was released Friday night but for now still wasn't released here by Xiaomi eu team.
Just wait few days and you can have the latest stable rom provided by the best team. @ingbrzy

Thank you @PTalx ! I'll wait a few days for the new release. Where can I find the latest version of TWRP ZCX? Now I have installed zcx,but if there is no risk to update via recovery to normal TWRP I'll do it.

In officiall TWRP site. I still have TWRP version 3.1.1-0 running here in my Mi5S Capricorn device since it was the version needed to update to nougat but there are new stable TWRP version available TWRP 3.2.1-0

If you have root in your device you can install directly from the playstore, if not you can update by fastboot method on your PC or install the .img file by flashing in the actual twrp in your device.

Edit: just realized you have nougat already installed so you must also have TWRP 3.1.1 installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gianmarco1996
I just installed latest version of twrp and dirty flashed MIUI 9.1.3.0. It's perfect and much better than 8.5 stable!