Couldn't add fingerprint, try again

Nov 22, 2020
Hi,

I've a Redmi 7 phone and want to use my fingerprint to unlock it but I get every time a "Couldn't add fingerprint, try again". I've tried all possible solutions offered in this site as in other sites but without success. In CIT the fingerprint sensor test reports no errors.

The pecs of the phone are:

MIUI 12.0.1.QFGMIXM
Model M1901F7G
Android version 10 QkQ1.190910.002
Android security patch level 2020-10-01
Kernel 4.4.192-perf+

I hope someone has a solution.

regards,

Ivan

Hi,

I've a Redmi 7 phone and want to use my fingerprint to unlock it but I get every time a "Couldn't add fingerprint, try again". I've tried all possible solutions offered in this site as in other sites but without success. In CIT the fingerprint sensor test reports no errors.

The pecs of the phone are:

MIUI 12.0.1.QFGMIXM
Model M1901F7G
Android version 10 QkQ1.190910.002
Android security patch level 2020-10-01
Kernel 4.4.192-perf+

I hope someone has a solution.

regards,

Ivan
You are on stock rom. right?
Only way to clean your phone is a factory reset.
All data are erased, so back up before.

You are on stock rom. right?
Only way to clean your phone is a factory reset.
All data are erased, so back up before.

Don't know what you mean by " stock rom". And as I said: I've tried all possible solutions (thus also factory reset) I've found on this forum and the internet but without success.

regards,

Ivan

Don't know what you mean by " stock rom". And as I said: I've tried all possible solutions (thus also factory reset) I've found on this forum and the internet but without success.

regards,

Ivan
hi
stock rom is unmodified rom unlike this one, here at EU, that is custom made.
If your issue is on stock rom it is only possible to reset the phone. What you did,
check this:

hi
stock rom is unmodified rom unlike this one, here at EU, that is custom made.
If your issue is on stock rom it is only possible to reset the phone. What you did,
check this:

Yes, I did check the digitbin site and the possible solutions mentioned in that site. I'm loosing my patience with this Xiaomi phone. It has cost me so much time. I think I'll buy some other brand. Samsung or so. It is Black Friday tomorrow so prices are low.

regards,

Ivan