Dafang Camera Firmware 5.5.1.419 - Connect timeout, confirm network patency and retry 1000

Mar 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

Camera Firmware 5.5.1.419
MI Home Version 4.13.101 Set to Mainlain China
Internet Router is close to the device
Internet Speed is 100Mbps

I have 5 Xiaomi Dafang cameras and 4 were working well until a day ago.

I try to connect to the camera using the Mi Home APP and I get "Connect timeout, confirm network patency and retry 1000" Which of course I keep trying for hours with no result.

The interesting part is that I have them set to start recording if a sensor gets triggered - It actually does the recording and sends the the video link - I can view those videos (prob stored in Xiaomi servers thats why) just cant use the app to see whats happening live.

What have i tried so far?
1. Held the button for 10seconds full reset the camera and reconfigured
2. Tried the above on other networks (in case router was causing issues)
3. Tried accessing direct mode (Using Labs function - it works)
4. Removed and re-inserted SD Cards

The cameras were all in different locations so whatever has caused it is not an issue from my end.

Any ideas?

Mar 17, 2019
Same here. Started March 15.

The camera is online (steady blue LED), i can see it in MI Home (Android) , I am able to see firmware version but can not connect - Stuck at "Connecting (1/3)" and "Time out" . Tried new MI Home account, different WiFi, different MI Home app version, different locations and language version, many factory resets etc.

Dec 23, 2017
Poland - I have the same problem for about 2 days.
At the same time, one cam (both Dafang) works normally, the second is not - there is still information about the time out.

Mar 17, 2019
Hi everyone , same issue here , 2/3 Dafang cameras down . The one still working perfectly is the first camera I purchased so I am thinking that maybe a hardware/component conflict is occurring between manufacturing dates due to a software update . I hope its resolved , my latest camera is basically straight out of the box :(

Mar 16, 2019
I am thinking that maybe a hardware/component conflict is occurring between manufacturing dates due to a software update
I think you are right. Seems to be a server side issue.
I reached out to Xiaomi and they just referred me to the vendor :-(

service.global <service.global@xiaomi.com said:
I regret to inform you that we won't be able to assist you further. kindy get in touch with the point of purchase for further assistance. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019
Same problem here in Portugal, since 15th March. Now, since yesterday, the message when I try to access to the camera is not the error conectin, I'm getting redirected to a new tab (inside Mi Home app) that has two steps for requesting an international user access, they are asking the mac address and the order receive, is this happening to someone else?

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019
I have the same problem in the UK. The camera worked perfectly until the last week and I get the "Connect timeout, confirm network patency and retry 1000" message. Just like max_kleeman I can still view motion alerts.