Data partition encryption after ROM installation

lcarrieri

Members
Dec 1, 2017
Hi all,
after unlocking bootloader and installing TWRP , I formatted the data partition before installing EU ROM 9.1.24_v10-9.
The system booted up fine, so I set up all the UI stuff and an unlock PIN. From that moment onward, rebooting in recovery I'm asked for the decryption password, i.e. the unlock PIN. I don't understand this behavior, what is my mistake?
Thanks

Hi all,
after unlocking bootloader and installing TWRP , I formatted the data partition before installing EU ROM 9.1.24_v10-9.
The system booted up fine, so I set up all the UI stuff and an unlock PIN. From that moment onward, rebooting in recovery I'm asked for the decryption password, i.e. the unlock PIN. I don't understand this behavior, what is my mistake?
Thanks
I tried to come back from 9.1.24 to 9.1.17 for a battery drain issue...when I tried to do by updater TWRP was encrypted...n I had to restore everything...is not an issue of rom...Is just that we haven't a good TWRP till know...also can't make backup...we need to wait for it

Inviato dal mio MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Please, be patient, I have another issue: I'm going crazy trying to install Viper4Android. Neither Magisk module nor the version 2.7.0.0 (https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.pittvandewitt.viperfx) works fine: both of them ask for driver installation as you open them. can you give me any suggestion?
Cheers

Use previous version 2.6.0.5: works perfectly good. After installing 2.6.0.5 driver you can upgrade to 2.7.0.0 if you like new design better.

Use previous version 2.6.0.5: works perfectly good. After installing 2.6.0.5 driver you can upgrade to 2.7.0.0 if you like new design better.

I followed your suggestion... It works flawlessly... Thank you very much for your help!