Invalid Data Roaming always switched off

• Thread starter Deleted member 240645
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 240645

MI 9 transparent edition with EU rom stable 11.0.2. Whenever I set the data roaming to "always allowed", it is again switched to "never allowed" after a short while. This happens even when the phone is not used. I live near the Austrian border and my phone "roames" to the Austrian net nearly every day. So, this behavior sucks.

MI 9 transparent edition with EU rom stable 11.0.2. Whenever I set the data roaming to "always allowed", it is again switched to "never allowed" after a short while. This happens even when the phone is not used. I live near the Austrian border and my phone "roames" to the Austrian net nearly every day. So, this behavior sucks.
I can confirm this bug on my mi9t with the latest beta.... Maybe an Android 10 specific problem ?

@Igor Eisberg

Still having the issue on the latest beta 9.10.24,

Reproduce the issue : Turn on international data roaming to "Always allowed" , reboot the phone , and voila it's turned off by itself...

Or as Xht53 said, it turn off itself after a while also (like 2-3 hours)

I am seeing the same issue on the MI 8 Lite. It seems that one can prevent part of the bug by setting up a daily limit. e.g. I have set my daily limit to 50Gb. Now the international roaming (or Overseas data roaming) remain active and will not switch off after a couple of hours.

Unfortunately this does not resolve that the international roaming is switched off after a reboot of the phone.

@Igor Eisberg

Reproduce the issue : Turn on international data roaming to "Always allowed" , reboot the phone , and voila it's turned off by itself...

We're not responsible for this issue, and I'm not able to reproduce it, so report to Xiaomi.

We're not responsible for this issue, and I'm not able to reproduce it, so report to Xiaomi.

Could you let us know what device you have? It could maybe device dependent. I have a MI 8 lite with 9.10.24 and can easily reproduce it. Based on your information, it might be something device dependent

Could you let us know what device you have? It could maybe device dependent. I have a MI 8 lite with 9.10.24 and can easily reproduce it. Based on your information, it might be something device dependent
I tried setting "Always" on both Mi 5 (Oreo) and Mi 6 (Pie) and rebooted, and the setting remained on "Always". We don't have a Mi 8 Lite though.

I have the same issue on my Redmi Note 7 Pro with weekly 9.10.10 and later versions. I'm using two sim cards. One is local and the other one is roaming. Data Roaming option seems to reset to 'Never' when roaming is recognized after restarting phone. I had to rollback to 9.9.26 that has no the issue.

I installed 9.10.31 yesterday, and now the setting seems to remain at "always on". It is on since many hours now and the phone was even shut down and restarted once, so I hope the problem is gone!

I also confirmed that the data roaming option remains unchanged after restarting. But I couldn't download MMS from my roaming Sim, which requires overseas data roaming, even though the data roaming option is set to 'Always'. I found that the roaming option should be set to each Sim card separately. I could resolve this issue after I select the 'Default Setting' - 'Internet' to the overseas roaming Sim and set the overseas data roaming option to 'Always'. Saved option is maintained regardless of restart.

@Igor Eisberg

Confirmed. Data international roaming after reboot always off. Mi 9t pro stable 11.0.4

You have to edit build.prop and change ro.com.android.dataroaming=false to ro.com.android.dataroaming=true.
Set permissions to 600 and reboot.

[QUOTE = "xht53, Beitrag: 510029, Mitglied: 240645"]
MI 9 transparente Ausgabe mit EU-ROM stabil 11.0.2. Immer wenn ich das Datenroaming auf "immer erlaubt" setze, wird es nach kurzer Zeit wieder auf "nie erlaubt" geschaltet. Dies geschieht auch dann, wenn das Telefon nicht verwendet wird. Ich lebe in der Nähe der österreichischen Grenze und mein Telefon "wandert" fast täglich ins österreichische Netz. Also, dieses Verhalten ist scheiße.
[/ZITAT]
Genauso gehts mir mit meinem mi 9 android 10 und 11.0.6
.zum verzweifeln

MI 9 transparent edition, the problem with data roaming popped up again in xiaomi.eu 20.3.19! Data roaming switched to always allowed does not work, it always switches back to never allowed. sh....

Reactions: ssszzz
Status
Not open for further replies.