New Desire S - Bluetooth connects but doesn't work properly.

Omri Amos

Members
Sep 8, 2012
HTC Desire S (Saga) with MIUI 2.11.16 (also with older versions).
Bluetooth connects with no problem to my car stereo, sends and receives calls with no problem, and while in call I can even hear the other side. However - The other side can't hear me.

Problem started right after I installed MIUI, before MIUI I had CM7 (and also Sense) and there was no problem. I also tried to connect to the car stereo with my friend's iPhone and it worked with no problem, so no problem on the Bluetooth device side.

Any idea?

Thanks

I have a different case: no problems listening to music and podcasts through bt car stereo doc as long as no call comes in. Then, bt disconnects immediately, the call goes to phone, and by will not reconnect.

I am setting up adb on my Linux laptop to be able to make a logcat.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire S mit Tapatalk 2

HTC Desire S (Saga) with MIUI 2.11.16 (also with older versions).
Bluetooth connects with no problem to my car stereo, sends and receives calls with no problem, and while in call I can even hear the other side. However - The other side can't hear me.

Problem started right after I installed MIUI, before MIUI I had CM7 (and also Sense) and there was no problem. I also tried to connect to the car stereo with my friend's iPhone and it worked with no problem, so no problem on the Bluetooth device side.

Any idea?

Thanks

It looks like sometimes it works and the other side can hear me, and sometimes it's not... Seems random, I couldn't find out what's the cause...

Also happens with other Bluetooth devices, so it's definitely a problem with the phone.
I'll try to post a logcat.

Logcat attached!

What I did:
1. Enable Bluetooth
2. Let the phone connect (successfully) to my Bluetooth device
3. Start a phone call (to voice mail)
4. try to record a new voice mail message, just to make sure that the "other side" can't hear me (the preview of the new voice mail message is completely empty of any sound)
5. Hangup the call
6. Disable Bluetooth

Attachments

• Log.txt
    874.2 KB · Views: 470
Logcat attached!

What I did:
1. Enable Bluetooth
2. Let the phone connect (successfully) to my Bluetooth device
3. Start a phone call (to voice mail)
4. try to record a new voice mail message, just to make sure that the "other side" can't hear me (the preview of the new voice mail message is completely empty of any sound)
5. Hangup the call
6. Disable Bluetooth
How does the phone react after a reboot?

Last exit (what I did): check a different ROM. I changed to Flinny CM 10.1, and downloaded miui launcher from playstore. Very good and stable, and running fast as hell and finest android 4.2. Make a nandroid first, so if it doesn't match your expectations you just return to what you had before.

Gesendet von meinem Desire S mit Tapatalk 2

How does the phone react after a reboot?
The same, I have this problem for a few months now.. countless number of reboots has been done.

Last exit (what I did): check a different ROM.
I'm pretty sure the problem started just when I switched to MIUI (never had this problem before, and I noticed it right after I installed MIUI) so yes, I believe trying a new ROM will "fix" the problem .... But this is not the solution I was hoping for :(

I'm pretty sure the problem started just when I switched to MIUI (never had this problem before, and I noticed it right after I installed MIUI) so yes, I believe trying a new ROM will "fix" the problem .... But this is not the solution I was hoping for :(

So true. I was on miui for quite some time, and I believe all was good while miui was CM based. Problems started when miui changed to HTC kernel. I made my decision when I realized that I can install launcher and battery bar from play, and I was hot for Google now. Stock miui will never get it as long as there is no official HTC support, which I believe will never come (as HTC prefers to sell new phones).

Oh well, I switched between 3 different ROMs in the last couple of days - Bluetooth works perfectly ....
That's too bad, but I won't be able to use MIUI as long as it's not fixed.

I am back on miui v5 from miuiandroid.com. all good, JB version, Bluetooth works good. :cool:

I am back on miui v5 from miuiandroid.com. all good, JB version, Bluetooth works good. :cool:

miui v5 for desire s ?
where? :)

Oh, I see it now.. I thought that there is not going to be any JB MIUI for the Desire S.. weird.
cool, I'll give it a try. :)