New Developer Options: Skip Screen Lock Won't Stay On (rn2 6.7.7/8)

Samo Dadela

Members
Feb 14, 2016
Hi,

Just installed MIUI 8 6.7.7 (wiped dalvik and cache)... I'm using the phone more or less for development and I have it set so that when I wake it, it skips the lock screen (so I don't have to swipe up). Well, after the update, Developer Options / Skip screen lock won't stay on: I turn it on, go back, check Developer Options again and it's off.

Anyone knows what is preventing Skip screen lock to be remembered? I don't have set a password, PIN, gesture...

Best regards,

Samo

I had this same when I downgraded from 8 to 7, then my bootloader locked itself and after reinstall everything was fine (but I stood on 7). Yesterday I finally updated to 8, everything was fine, but after leaving phone off for some hours I got the same issue

I suspect it's something to do with the upgrade process from MIUI 7 to 8. I then wiped everything (also system) and flashed MIUI 8 again - now the has gone. The switch works just fine. So maybe it was an upgrade problem.

I also suspect second screen might have something to do with it... I can't test it now because I need the phone for development so I won't even enable seconds screen - had too much problems with it.

Are you sure it works permanently? As I said after upgrade everything was fine and it messed up after some time.

Okay, I reinstalled system and everything was fine, but after some minutes it broke again. I ****IN DON'T BELIEVE THOSE LITTLE CHINESE HANDS CAN'T FIX THAT SIMPLE ISSUE!!!

For me it returns to "0" after exiting dev menu. As I said it was fine for some minutes after wipe but then it came back