Device Bricked, Cant Install Twrp

rizakayan

Members
Jun 7, 2017
Hi. My device had a virus rom, and there was no way i could clean it. So i tried to install twrp and new android. But while i was updating in TWRP, it got stuck, and locked. Now i don't have any recovery or android.

My device is unlocked.
I tried installing TWRP 3.0.2 and 3.0.0 with "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"
After this it says ok. Then when i try to "fasboot boot twrp.img" it says,

booting...
FAILED (remote dtb not found)

I unlocked device with Xiaomi unlocker. But i'm stuck. Can someone help please?

Have you tried flashing with MI flash?
Maybe your partitions got somehow corrupted and you need to remake them.

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk

Have you tried flashing with MI flash?
Maybe your partitions got somehow corrupted and you need to remake them.

Yes i tried that, but it was happening so fast, and saying success, but nothing was happening. Perhaps i had the wrong file?

You have lollipop bootloader, yes?

I'm not sure, since it my father's phone i'm trying to repair. But i can learn if that info is needed.

But it has this screen :
Screen-Shot-2016-04-18-at-2.41.29-PM.png

Since you unlock it with MI unlock I think you have Nougat bootloader and it's not compatible with those versions of twrp. Try 3.1 by andropax. Google it.

Reactions: rizakayan
Now one more question. Should i wipe etc? I have the mi4c v8.2.3.0 original rom. Or should i install custom rom becuase it failed before?

Now one more question. Should i wipe etc? I have the mi4c v8.2.3.0 original rom. Or should i install custom rom becuase it failed before?
Wipe dalvick, cache, system,data and if you want internal storage. Then install what Rom do you want,it should work as long as it is for Nougat bootloader.

There is a better miui experience out there in terms of performance and battery life.it is called miui pro, it's Russian I think, it's good. You can Google it.

You can also try XOSP, RR 5.8.3, they have their own Web sites with much more information. Don't forget your device is libra.

Reactions: rizakayan
Wipe dalvick, cache, system,data and if you want internal storage. Then install what Rom do you want,it should work as long as it is for Nougat bootloader.

There is a better miui experience out there in terms of performance and battery life.it is called miui pro, it's Russian I think, it's good. You can Google it.

You can also try XOSP, RR 5.8.3, they have their own Web sites with much more information. Don't forget your device is libra.

Thanks a lot. My phone is working now with your help. I really appreciate your help. I installed xosf 7.1 libra. Will install gapps later.

You are welcome. You have to flash xapps and gapps immediately after flashing the Rom.or.you might get a bootloop.

I haven't installed anything more. Will do that when i go home. I will just download the files, and then install by twrp right?