Different WCDMA Versions

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
How come you don't get it? Every version is clearly labeled for exact phone. In the link there is only 1 rom per each Redmi and Redmi 1S phone. And you can install only 1 rom for your device.

You have Redmi WCDMA (B) so you choose the right version for your phone.

Wysłane z MI3

Mar 3, 2014
How come you don't get it? Every version is clearly labeled for exact phone. In the link there is only 1 rom per each Redmi and Redmi 1S phone. And you can install only 1 rom for your device.

You have Redmi WCDMA (B) so you choose the right version for your phone.

Wysłane z MI3
He is asking about the difference. You are not helping in any way... So what is the difference between Redmi WCDMA <standard>/Taiwan/Singapore/Hongkong and why are they not interchangeble?
And also, is there a difference in hardware?

Jan 14, 2014
He is asking about the difference. You are not helping in any way... So what is the difference between Redmi WCDMA <standard>/Taiwan/Singapore/Hongkong and why are they not interchangeble?
And also, is there a difference in hardware?
CN/TW/HK roms are interchangable

the difference of TW/HK is only in included gapps (and deleted xiaomi market/stuff)

SG version expects the different memory partitioning and will cause bootloop for standard (CN) or TW/HK WCDMA phones.

Aug 19, 2013

the difference of TW/HK is only in included gapps (and deleted xiaomi market/stuff)

SG version expects the different memory partitioning and will cause bootloop for standard (CN) or TW/HK WCDMA phones.
Many thanks to you for clarification.
Do you have any clue why SG version has a different memory partitioning?

Jan 14, 2014
Many thanks to you for clarification.
Do you have any clue why SG version has a different memory partitioning?
Dont know actually, but I can suppose it was made to fit much bigger system partition (with full gapps included) cuz i had to delete some gapps from sg v12 rom (g+, maps etc) to port it to wcdma cn phone.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2012

Sorry for my english, but is it mean that i can install developer rom from WCDMA version to my MI3W TW ?
my version is JXDTWBD14.0
Because i need root
Thanks