Display Broken - Need Help Finding Replacement

Mar 7, 2017
Hello,
the display on my black Mi5s was broken. I replaced it with a new one, but was not satisfied with it. It was just the display without the frame. The entire front glass was slightly smaller than the original, which meant that a small gap remained at the upper edge. Furthermore, the display was not perfectly centred behind the glass. The colors were also very bad. Finally it just broke after about 1 month without foreign influence. Awesome!

Now I'm looking for a display again, but i would like to get some more quality. I would also like to have one with a frame, because the current frame broke a bit during the expansion.

Can anyone recommend a display (preferably with a link)?
If I buy a display with a frame, is the display already mounted or do I still have to glue it in myself?

Thank you for your help!

May 23, 2014
I bought "original" frame+display+fingerprint scanner assembly as spare part for my mi5s from **********, but not used it yet. By the look of it it is identical to my original one. On youtube videos about mi5s that is the most simple (but a bit expensive) way to replace your broken screen. The shop I bought it from no longer selling it, but there is still some mi5s lcd display lots with frame+fingerprint scanner included on ali.

Mar 7, 2017
So the display is already glued into the frame, right?
Does the display fit perfectly in the frame or are there larger gaps on either side?
May I ask, how much did you pay approximately?

May 23, 2014
Yes it is assembled, like it is half of the phone itself. I have not noticed any gaps, it is like original one (maybe it is). I payed like 140$ for it a year ago. But I have not tested it yet, my display is still intact with no scratches, I do not use any films on it, but I use thick leather flip case which saved my display a few times from fall damage.