Does unlocking + flashing wipe my data?

jhuylebroeck

Members
May 17, 2016
I have been waiting long enough now to activate my unlock on my Xiaomi Mi9 SE. I'm looking forward to doing so, but I have a ton of downloaded podcasts and pictures that I migrated from my previous phone. Will the downloads be deleted because of an unlock, or will the still be there, waiting for me of the unlock + flash to Xiaomi.eu firmware.

It's been a while, and I just want to be certain. :)

hblek

Members
Dec 10, 2017
Depends on the twrp version.
There are some versions available which does allow decription of the data partition.

I do not have the same phone as yourselves. You can just install twrp an try if it works.

Kind regards Henk

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi Note 2 met Tapatalk

iamme729

Members
Nov 22, 2015
Backup everything to PC...you can add it back later...also backup to Mi Cloud...Google ...etc...

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

iamme729

Members
Nov 22, 2015
When you connect to the Mi Unlock Tool to begin the unlock process it will tell you if your data will be erased or not ....

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Deexterity

Members
Apr 21, 2019
I have been waiting long enough now to activate my unlock on my Xiaomi Mi9 SE. I'm looking forward to doing so, but I have a ton of downloaded podcasts and pictures that I migrated from my previous phone. Will the downloads be deleted because of an unlock, or will the still be there, waiting for me of the unlock + flash to Xiaomi.eu firmware.

It's been a while, and I just want to be certain. :)
Yes man it will erase everything when you unlock your bootloader, backup all your data first!

Enviado de meu MI 8 Lite usando o Tapatalk