Downgrade from 12.5 to 12.2

zeecue

Members
Aug 8, 2021
Hey

As im having massive problems with bluetooth on 12.5 im thinking about downgrading to 12.2, but what do i need to backup with TWRP to make a backup if i want to return to the current state of the phone?

Reactions: wojtek858
I just upgraded to xiaomi.eu 12.5 and my MI 9 SE can't boot into system anymore! Who uploaded that crap as stable???

Hey

As im having massive problems with bluetooth on 12.5 im thinking about downgrading to 12.2, but what do i need to backup with TWRP to make a backup if i want to return to the current state of the phone?
I suggest back it up using xiaomi cloud

I suggest back it up using xiaomi cloud
Thanks. i know how to do that.
But then i still need to install tons of apps again if i revert back to 12.5.
And it does not answer my question on what i need to backup using TWRP if its even possible.

TWRP backup from 12.5 to 12.2 - it will never work. Cloud or app such as titanium backup (paid and requires root) is the only way to go.

TWRP backup from 12.5 to 12.2 - it will never work. Cloud or app such as titanium backup (paid and requires root) is the only way to go.
So i cant do a TWRP backup on 12.5. try 12.2 and then install the 12.5 backup if the 12.2 dont work?

You can either restore 12.5 or 12.2 backup back on 12.5, but not the other way around.

Reactions: JiaiJ
I just upgraded to xiaomi.eu 12.5 and my MI 9 SE can't boot into system anymore! Who uploaded that crap as stable???
12.5.1 sometimes behave weird, but it's nothing but crap. Many of us live with it from many months. Did you format data before flashing?