Downgrade from MIUI 12.5 back to MIUI 10 and Android 9

Imcdestroyer99

Members
Aug 1, 2020
Hi, so I'm using the MI 9T with the latest 12.5 beta. Thing is everything after MIUI 10 has been draining my battery and latest MIUI 12 updates are killing SOT. I'm considering reverting all the way back to the last MIUI 10 version I could as back then the phone managed about 9hrs SOT while I can barely make 5. I was wondering what is needed to do the downgrade?

You'll probably need to reflash your original firmware, or you could try to flash an android 10 or 9 rom if you have nothing else to lose, however it most likely wouldn't work. So its likely your best bet to use the Mi Flash tool and flash your stock firmware. Also from now on, it might be more beneficial for you to use the xiaomi.eu stable roms as they do not contain many of the issues that the beta ones do. Its all up to you as to what path you want to take.

Hi, so I'm using the MI 9T with the latest 12.5 beta. Thing is everything after MIUI 10 has been draining my battery and latest MIUI 12 updates are killing SOT. I'm considering reverting all the way back to the last MIUI 10 version I could as back then the phone managed about 9hrs SOT while I can barely make 5. I was wondering what is needed to do the downgrade?
Do it like this

In twrp do a factory reset(this will keep your internal storage)
Flash android 10 rom
Wait for first boot

Cheers! :cool:

Reactions: MeiGuddet