Downgrading From Weekly Nougat To Stable Lollipop

a4c

Members
Jul 20, 2015
Hi!
I made mistake with upgrading my Mi4C to Nougat cause I find it still unstable for daily use (often FC apps, freezing, lagging, overheating etc.), now I want to downgrade to last stable build.
I have unlocked bootloader and I flashed older TWRP (3.0.0.0) via fastboot but I am not able to enter recovery mode, when I try to enter I got black screen with Mi logo.
I don't now what am I doing wrong so any help is highly appreciated. :)

You should have first flashed the lollipop rom and then change the recovery. Puting a recovery compatibile with lollipop bootloader, on a Nougat bootloader makes it unusable.

I think you need to flash lollipop rom with a Twrp compatible with the bootloader that you have now eg 3.0.3.0 or 3.1.0.0 . Then flash Twrp for lollipop.

I'm not 100% sure so wait for other opinions too.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Reactions: iamme729 and a4c
To me only run before flash fastboot ROM mode

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

Again !!!unlock your device!!! and flash TWRP via fastboot then try to reboot into recovery

Forget what I said before because it can't be done that way.

I've asked for a pertinent opinion and this is what I ve got.

"First step is downgrade.
Turn on your phone in fastboot by pressing volume up and power until the bunny comes up.
2. Using ADB enter the command fastboot OEM edl and then if the screen turned black, run mi flash beta on your pc and flash developer rom 6.1.7.

Installing Twrp
If you were successful enter fastboot the same way before. Enter the following commands after you take the required recovery file and put it on the minimal adb folder.
Supposing lyrics the name of the recovery is "recovery" enter:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot boot recovery

The last comand will take you to twrp"

You'll need MI Flash beta and 6.1.7 developer rom as well as adb drivers, minimal adb and Fastboot, Twrp image 3.0.2.0.

Its not simple so ask for a second opinion if you can. As long as your USB debugging is on and the pc sees your phone in Fastboot you can't brick it whatsoever, so be confident.

Last edited:
Again !!!unlock your device!!! and flash TWRP via fastboot then try to reboot into recovery
My device is unlocked. I flashed TWRP via fastboot, but I can't enter it...
To me only run before flash fastboot ROM mode

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk
Sorry, I don't get it?
He is trying to flash a Twrp that is not compatible with the current bootloader. That won't work.

I guess you're right. Which TWRP is compatible with my current bootloader? Do I have to flash fastboot ROM 6.1.7 and than lollipop TWRP and newer ROM, or there's some easier way?

If you want my honest opinion : don't downgrade. The stable rom for nougat is just around the corner. You have other roms you can install too, that are very stable like ResurectionRemix 5.8.2( build from 01.04).

Downgrading is just temporary as you will upgrade it again and get through al this again.

Flash TWRP libra 7.0 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=50678 and stay on Nougat at least untill tomorrow when the new weekly comes. If its not better do what I did and switch to RR 5.8.2.

Reactions: a4c and Santigt
I just checked, it doesn't. I think you can find a third party app that records or just another dialer.

It depends though because I flashed Google Apps with its dialer and framework and the native RR app might have Call recording.