Downsides of MIUI 12 vs MIUI 11? What about battery?

fpk_note7

Members
Sep 8, 2020
Hi everyone

I'm wondering if anyone can share their experience comparing MIUI 11 vs MIUI 12.
I'm mostly interested in battery life since I read some posts of people complaining that MIUI 12 has shortened the battery backup compared to previous version.

I'm currently on Xiaomi.eu 11.0.2.0 and am consering whether or not it's worth the upgrade.

Thank you!

Hi everyone

I'm wondering if anyone can share their experience comparing MIUI 11 vs MIUI 12.
I'm mostly interested in battery life since I read some posts of people complaining that MIUI 12 has shortened the battery backup compared to previous version.

I'm currently on Xiaomi.eu 11.0.2.0 and am consering whether or not it's worth the upgrade.

Thank you!
Same here, following this thread ... From what i read miui 12 stable isn't battery friendly and is laggy

Same here, following this thread ... From what i read miui 12 stable isn't battery friendly and is laggy
Same as what I read over here. However I'm looking for some MIUI 12 users to confirm that... Anyone out there?

I moved to MI12 about 3 weeks ago - stable (lavender). My complaint on Mi11 was wifi didn't pick new networks when roaming, and this was improved/fixed on 12. Battery life for me seems the same or better on 12.
However... I'm experiencing huge lags (phone is unresponsive for 20-30s at a time) from time to time. And could find a dark theme that works fine with Hacker keyboards and Juice SSH.
But other users seem happy...

I'm on violet and the past week I updated (after 1 year since the last update I made) from miui 10 to 12. The main thing I noticed is the constant stuttering. Animations, transitions openings / closings... Everything was way smoother on the previous rom. For the battery : it was the main reason I updated, but I'm not finding any huge difference

I'm currently sticking with MIUI 11 and I find it much better than stock for battery life.
I'm refraining from updating to MIUI 12 just because of different opinions on battery backup...

I am on violet and moved from MIUI 11 MIUI 12 ..... I dirty flashed using Orange recovery .... the battery life dropped drastically. I then clean flashed MIUI 12 and didn't restore from MIUI backup just Google, I had my third party apps backed up using Migrate, so I restored this also, my battery life is much better now its still not at MIUI 11's screen on time, but I will say its almost at 95%. Its mainly standby time thats eats away at the battery.

Hi, battery-life is ok, but it is laggy as hell and my car has bluetooth problems. Stay away if possible.

Hi everyone

Thank you!
I have miui 12 weekly its all fine but battery
Its worth ..