Dualbooting question

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by cale, Nov 12, 2013.

1. cale

caleMembers

Mar 3, 2013
    Male
    to switch between roms, is there any faster way instead of having to go into the recovery and select which system is the active one?
    thanks

2. cale

caleMembers

Mar 3, 2013
    Male
    thanks! just wondering too, is there any way I could have both roms share data such as messages and contacts etc?

3. Acid

AcidScripting Ninja
    Staff Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    What?
    You are already doing that since MI-2 is not dual boot but has shared /data partition between /system and /system1.
    Two system are only for installing updates - NOT for switching*

*Unless you're using TDB recovery feature for dual booting MIUI and AOSP roms.

4. cale

caleMembers

Mar 3, 2013
    Male
    yep, I'm using tdb at the minute. someone pointed out today that it'd be better if all my contacts and messages etc were shared between each rom so when I switch, the data would be the same on each. just wondering if that is possible

5. Zirias

ZiriasMembers

Nov 4, 2013
    Male
    Software Developer
    Germany
    If you have systems based on the same framework (like: official and modded MIUI, or CM and AOSP of the same android version), it COULD work -- but expect dalvik-cache being rebuilt ("optimizing apps") on every switch. In all other cases it won't work.

Gesendet von meinem MI 3 mit Tapatalk

6. Everything which was said is correct. Sharing apps/data between different roms isn't easily possible because user-id's for apps are generated.

Share Our Site