Earphones Not Detected

Nzyme

Members
Jun 15, 2017
Whenever I plugin my earphones, I do not see the tiny earphones icon on top and cannot hear any audio from it. It just plays audio from my phone. I can confirm this is a firmware issue as I have installed an app called "SoundAbout" and in that app, I enabled the SoundAbout Service and under "Media audio", I changed the selection to "Wired Headset (with Mic)". After this, I can hear audio from my earphones. However, as soon as I change the Media audio setting back to "Let App Decide", I can no longer listen to audio from the earphones.

This is a workaround but I did not face this issue earlier. I do not want to depend on any third party app for routing the audio through my earphones. Can anyone please advise any troubleshooting steps apart from doing a factory reset/flashing the phone? Thanks!

It's hardware issue. There are 2 or 3 type of earphones connectors. Try to little bit pull it out.

Odoslané z Redmi Note 3 pomocou Tapatalku

It's hardware issue. There are 2 or 3 type of earphones connectors. Try to little bit pull it out.

If this is an hardware issue, why does it work when I change the setting in the app (Sound About)? It shouldn't be working anyways right? Besides, it used to work before. I need to reset all the audio on my phone back to the factory default settings. Is there any app that can help me do this?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I don't know about software problems, never read about it anywhere.. I only read few months back, that someone has issue with earphones and the issue were connectors. It has something to do with mono/stereo and some similar stuff.

Ok, so this turned out to be a h/w prob. After posting this thread, the problem was actually reversed. I was now able to see the earphones icon always on top of the screen even when the earphones were not plugged in. Moreover, there was absolutely no audio from the phone (no calls/sms/ring tone/music/etc...) or even after plugging in the earphones. The icon would not go away no matter what.

Took this to the authorized Xiaomi MI Service Center and they tried to poke the earphone audio jack with tweezers and when it still did not work, told me that it is a problem with the board (which they say costs 70% of the phone cost) and the board needs to be replaced.

Was not convinced with that response, so took the phone to another local phone repair shop. He Instantly told me that there was some shorting problem and took 15 mins to fix it after soldering a small wire.

Did not expect this kind of pathetic service from Xiaomi. The repair guy also told me not to use any other branded earphones as this may cause the shorting. Just a piece of advise for all you mi phone users. Do not try using any other branded earphones with any mi phone as this may cause some problem. Who knows, xiaomi might have designed it that way so that users only should buy their mi earphones.