Easy Way To Update Languages On An Global And Unlocked Mi5?

Jakal

Members
Jan 3, 2017
Hello, I recently received my phone from Aliexpress, and updated it to MIUI Globale 8.1.2.0 Stable. The phone has OTA (although not knowing yet what is the purpose of it) and works perfectly, apart from one thing: My native language, Norwegian, was not included in the language choices.
I am a technically newbie and gets insecure by reading updating tips for Mi5 - phones which specifications depart from mine.

I would deeply appreciate if anyone have a tip, a guide or a referral to an article for updating a Mi5 with my specs to Norwegian. BTW: I use MacBook, not PC.
--
Issue 2: I have searched but not found a user guide for Xiaomi Mi5, does it exist?

Issue 3: When connecting my MacBook to the Mi5 by using Androids File Transfer, I get an error message saying "can´t access device storage - the device´s screen is locked". Which is not true. Do any of you Mac-useres face similar problems?

A big thank in advance.

MIUI EU rom has norsk bokmål. If that is what you are searching.

I think you need PC anyway. Unlock bootloader (instructions are easy to find) and then follow the instructions which you find on this forum. First flash TWRP on fastboot, new boot.img, reboot to recovery and flash latest stable Eu rom.

I think you can't have new languages on original MIUI rom.

Thanks Neely. The problem was actually solved, because the new keyboard from Google, Gboard, funny enough has Norwegian Bokmål as one of the choices. Problem solved, it seems.

Good. :) I just thought that you will have whole OS in norsk bokmål, not just the keyboard. But good if that's enough!

Neely, I would prefer norsk bokmål in the whole OS, off course. But in lack of a PC, I can settle with English. The most important is local language in the keyboard, and Gboard was a pleasant surprise.

But there is one thing that is strange on my phone: My messages (SMS) sent are shown as received, and vice versa. I´ve searched the net for a solution, but can´t find anything.
I have also searched for a user guide for Xiaomi Mi5, without luck.