Encrypt Phone Not Working

cristids

Members
Sep 16, 2013
Hi guys,

I am on 7.1.12 (xiaomi.eu version) no root, no special tweaks or mods. I tried to encrypt my phone from Settings->Additional Settings->Privacy->Encrypt Phone but the phone simply resets and no actual encryption seems to take place. This option seems to have been hidden somehow because you cannot find it in the Privacy menu. You can access it by searching for encrypt from the Settings screen.
Is this not available on .eu roms?

Thanks

I am also interested in this because non working NFC (it was reported somewhere) and encryption stops me to flash the phone with xiaomi.eu ROM.

@cristids any progress about encryption?

I am also interested in this because non working NFC (it was reported somewhere) and encryption stops me to flash the phone with xiaomi.eu ROM.

@cristids any progress about encryption?
Yes and no. I found another option available in privacy called Encrypt device using lock screen password and so I used that one. Not sure if it is supposed to be same as the other one. The effect is that on reboot you are asked for your pin and the device looked to be encrypted.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Thanks, i just found it on China DEV ROM.
Is it possible to use fingerprint and this lock screen password at the same time, i.e. decrypt the phone after reboot and then using fingerprint?