[SOLVED] End of weekly release for HMNote4X??

krock49

Members
Jan 4, 2019
Hi, I have a question, I read in the post of weekly 9.1.1/2/3 that
"This week is our last release for devices with Android 6.0/7.0".
This mean that the Note 4X Will not receive anymore update from Xiaomi EU? Or will receive only stable release? Thanks in advance

Ps: really appreciate your work, I really love this time, is my daily since I buyed this phone!

Reactions: radial
Don`t hope it, so that this is the end of the weekly updates....

Last edited:
Don`t hope so that this is the end of the weekly updates....
I don't hope that! In fact I asked for understand what that word meaning.
I hope this phone continues to receive update because I really like it! And especially I like Xiaomi.Eu roms!

Hi, I have a question, I read in the post of weekly 9.1.1/2/3 that
"This week is our last release for devices with Android 6.0/7.0".
This mean that the Note 4X Will not receive anymore update from Xiaomi EU? Or will receive only stable release? Thanks in advance

Ps: really appreciate your work, I really love this time, is my daily since I buyed this phone!
Hi, can you please tell me about 9.1.3 update. Is there any bug? Is it encrypting internal storage-I've saw that on some forum.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks, is that version good as daily driver? Battery? Any lags?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Don`t hope it, so that this is the end of the weekly updates....
English is not my first languages, so I don't think I understand. You say "don't have dope" because is official that this is the end for the weekly?

You say "don't have dope" because is official that this is the end for the weekly?

Let me explain it straight:

Xiaomi.EU ROMs are based on chinese ROMs (both stable and developer).

Even though the chinese ROMs will still be available for some more time for some "old" phones (which are running Android 6 Marshmallow and Android 7 Nougat officially by Xiaomi) the Xiaomi.EU team decided not to create any more weekly Xiaomi.EU ROMs from the upcoming chinese weekly ROMs for the phones described (the list contains EOL - End Of Life - beside these phones in the weekly ROM thread's list).

That's why it's been said "don't have hope" - the decision from Xiaomi.EU team has already been made not to release / create weekly ROMs from the upcoming chinese weekly ROMs for the EOL phones ("weekly" here means the developer path). End of story. Probably they will roll out some stable releases (no official announcement yet).. but no more weekly ROMs for sure.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: linhares
Hi,
What is the procedure if I want to reinstall Global rom? Do I need to replace TWRP with official recovery? Thanks!

Even though the chinese ROMs will still be available for some more time for some "old" phones (which are running Android 6 Marshmallow and Android 7 Nougat officially by Xiaomi) the Xiaomi.EU team decided not to create any more weekly Xiaomi.EU ROMs from the upcoming chinese weekly ROMs for the phones described (the list contains EOL - End Of Life - beside these phones in the weekly ROM thread's list).

That's why it's been said "don't have hope" - the decision from Xiaomi.EU team has already been made not to release / create weekly ROMs from the upcoming chinese weekly ROMs for the EOL phones ("weekly" here means the developer path). End of story. Probably they will roll out some stable releases (no official announcement yet).. but no more weekly ROMs for sure.

Hope this helps.
EOL- end of life and does is mean that stable not release too. Of corse only custom Xiaomi.eu.
China and Global will be update developer and stable.

Reactions: linhares
EOL- end of life and does is mean that stable not release too. Of corse only custom Xiaomi.eu.
China and Global will be update developer and stable.

Hope you are not right. Xiaomi.EU is a kind of "official ROM" - quote from the ROM threads:
  • Our ROMs were approved by official EU distributor ABC Data to not void warranty for devices sold by them! (Of course, officially unlocked BL and no ROOT installed)
For instance for the Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon (mido) there has only been one stable MIUI 10 based ROM released so far from Xiaomi - and thus from Xiaomi.EU too. It would be a shame if there will be no more than one stable MIUI 10 Xiaomi.EU ROM for this phone if Xiaomi releases more stable release ROMs.. If they are really approved ROM makers for an EU distrubutor I would appreciate at least one more stable from Xiaomi and (Xiaomi.EU too) just to make sure that the problems in the first stable ROM will be fixed (obviously I don't demand new features at all but at least security updates and fixes). Then probably I will have to switch to a custom kernel to have security updates.. or I don't know.. back to the vendor's ROM.. or custom AOSP / LOS / etc.. based ROM.

I mean.. a 2 years old phone is not old, it has the processing power for almost anything.. so just because of this I don't really want to move to a newer phone - but without security updates it is not a good idea. Yeah, I know how capitalism and the market works.. but still..

I think you will get what I try to say.

PS: english is not my native language either.

Reactions: brusk and krock49
Hope you are not right. Xiaomi.EU is a kind of "official ROM" - quote from the ROM threads:
  • Our ROMs were approved by official EU distributor ABC Data to not void warranty for devices sold by them! (Of course, officially unlocked BL and no ROOT installed)
For instance for the Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon (mido) there has only been one stable MIUI 10 based ROM released so far from Xiaomi - and thus from Xiaomi.EU too. It would be a shame if there will be no more than one stable MIUI 10 Xiaomi.EU ROM for this phone if Xiaomi releases more stable release ROMs.. If they are really approved ROM makers for an EU distrubutor I would appreciate at least one more stable from Xiaomi and (Xiaomi.EU too) just to make sure that the problems in the first stable ROM will be fixed (obviously I don't demand new features at all but at least security updates and fixes). Then probably I will have to switch to a custom kernel to have security updates.. or I don't know.. back to the vendor's ROM.. or custom AOSP / LOS / etc.. based ROM.

I mean.. a 2 years old phone is not old, it has the processing power for almost anything.. so just because of this I don't really want to move to a newer phone - but without security updates it is not a good idea. Yeah, I know how capitalism and the market works.. but still..

I think you will get what I try to say.

PS: english is not my native language either.

News!

In the 10.x stable ROMs thread ingbrzy announced the following:

"MIUI 10.2 stable will be released for Android 6.0/7.0 devices"

See it here:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-10-0-10-1-10-2-stable-release.47170/page-44#post-466574

Reactions: krock49 and saijd
I think it's alarming that a straight 2 years old device is already thrown to the old iron and no new ROM should get more, where is there so much praised by Xiaomi good update policy. So it is not much better than other manufacturers!

I think it's alarming that a straight 2 years old device is already thrown to the old iron and no new ROM should get more, where is there so much praised by Xiaomi good update policy. So it is not much better than other manufacturers!

Yes, a little bit it is. And yes, probably not better than others. But which manufacturer offers you weekly updates - if there's any? Or which manufacturer updates their 2 yo devices nowadays? Almost none. At least the Xiaomi.EU stable is really stable - even after 2 years.. That's enough for me ( :

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the more explicative answers, i think that's all. The origin of this post was only to know if there was a chance that future update will come from xiaomi.eu

Reactions: crok.bic