English and Traditional Chinese are always in the mi-box,just you can not change it

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by ebay.inshoes.com, Jun 30, 2013.

1. According to the official specification from xiaomi, there is 3 system languages of mi-box which are English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. But they preset it to Simplified chinese and then remove the settings.apk. I found a compatible one instead. (Cap38) It works. :)
    Furthermore, I add a moreloacle.apk for multi-languages purpose.(cap40-41) It seem to be work also. :) :)
    The final problem is the built-in SDcard. /mnt/sdcard/
    Xiaomi made it inaccessible. Why? due to policy? God knows!!
    So you often need to use OTG port for storing data.
    Amazingly, 1T Toshiba Portable Hard Drive works without external power supper.(cap45)
    External sdcard located at /mnt/usb/sda1
    Actually, I often watch some huge file from my computer which is easy to share by microsoft windows network(fig.4 and 5).
    ...(to be continued...

keyboard not working? how to change IME?.. browser can not real flash? xbmc problem? all are coming soon)

Hey guys.... have any question, please feel free to contact me.

I wanna share what I did...don't waste anything.....GREEN! :)

Attached Files:

2. reserved for more pictures....later

3. Please... you can share settings.apk file?

Thank you!

4. gamergod

gamergodMembers

Apr 22, 2013
    Male
    Please share settings, i dont have that on my box...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

5. gamergod

gamergodMembers

Apr 22, 2013
    Male
    Dont use settings.apk that is floating around in forums, it will give many errors, xiaomi locked settings and only allow signed apps with signature for a reason.

6. Settings FC will be happened at first startup of the tv box. And...some settings(related to sdcard) would be force-close(FC) but would not affect on working.

7. gamergod

gamergodMembers

Apr 22, 2013
    Male
    Yes that's why i don't recommend it, you will be greeted by an error each boot.

8. iegolas

iegolasMembers

Nov 3, 2011
    Someone can send me a backup of settings.apk ? I install a new one and I can't revert the change.

Thanks.

9. Pedro Branco

Sep 25, 2012
    Male
    Root your device. Install some launcher (you have one available on the root tutorials. I like MIUI Home but because of the lockscreen it cannot be set to default).

Install the attached apk via snapea and select another language for your dialogs

Attached Files:

Alexander Cruz likes this.
  10. iegolas

iegolasMembers

Nov 3, 2011
    In other thread I explained that I installed one settings.apk that it's that thread, I changed the time zone and I unistall the settings apk and everything works fine !!

11. Pedro Branco

Sep 25, 2012
    Male
    can you share the settings apk or where can I get it. I notice with snapea that my MiBox comes with a dummy settings app installed.

12. Pedro Branco

Sep 25, 2012
    Male
    Found it. Thanks for the tip. My method required me to change language on each boot

13. iegolas

iegolasMembers

Nov 3, 2011
  14. Alexander Cruz

Sep 8, 2013
    Male
    we just need and English keyboard

15. jeyanea

jeyaneaMembers

Jan 9, 2015
    Male
    Ampang, Kuala Lumpur