English and Traditional Chinese are always in the mi-box,just you can not change it

May 25, 2013
According to the official specification from xiaomi, there is 3 system languages of mi-box which are English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. But they preset it to Simplified chinese and then remove the settings.apk. I found a compatible one instead. (Cap38) It works. :)
Furthermore, I add a moreloacle.apk for multi-languages purpose.(cap40-41) It seem to be work also. :) :)
The final problem is the built-in SDcard. /mnt/sdcard/
Xiaomi made it inaccessible. Why? due to policy? God knows!!
So you often need to use OTG port for storing data.
Amazingly, 1T Toshiba Portable Hard Drive works without external power supper.(cap45)
External sdcard located at /mnt/usb/sda1
Actually, I often watch some huge file from my computer which is easy to share by microsoft windows network(fig.4 and 5).
...(to be continued...

keyboard not working? how to change IME?.. browser can not real flash? xbmc problem? all are coming soon)

Hey guys.... have any question, please feel free to contact me.

I wanna share what I did...don't waste anything.....GREEN! :)

Attachments

Apr 22, 2013
Dont use settings.apk that is floating around in forums, it will give many errors, xiaomi locked settings and only allow signed apps with signature for a reason.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

May 25, 2013
Dont use settings.apk that is floating around in forums, it will give many errors, xiaomi locked settings and only allow signed apps with signature for a reason.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2
Settings FC will be happened at first startup of the tv box. And...some settings(related to sdcard) would be force-close(FC) but would not affect on working.