EOL for Xiaomi.EU ROM for MIDO. What to do? Go for global stock rom?

S.Oliver

Members
Dec 23, 2017
Due to EOL for Redmi Note 4x Mido I got stuck with MIUI 10 V10.2.2.0.NCFCNXM (stable) ROM.
Androidsecuritypatchlevel is 2018-12-01.

Would it make sense to change to Global Stock Rom MIUI 11 V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM now?
Can I download the rom from e.g. https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/mido/ and update with TWRP ?

Is it feasible at all without data loss using TWRP? Can I still use root and will the bootlader remain open ?

I would appreciate instructions how to update the ROM without loosing data or root or bootloade unlock if ever possible....

Many thanks in advance

regards S. Oliver

First and foremost: Xiaomi.EU and official Xiaomi MIUI is NOT interchangeble, a simple upgrade or update is NOT feasible. Why do you want to download the official ROM from a 3rd party site while it is available on the official site? Makes no sense to me. Without dataloss? No. You will have to format /data. Although with root you can use Titanium Backup or Swift Backup and create a decent backup of your apps' data and restore it. MIUI 11 is easily rootable with Magisk, and of course it will remain unlocked. Anyway, if you ask me.. if I were you I would stay on Xiaomi.EU V10.2.2.0, official MIUI 11 does not worth it.

Reactions: linhares
Hi crok.bic,
Thank you for the information. The Kernel seems to be different, so it is far from an easy update from Xiaomi.EU to Stock rom.
I was worried about outdated Android safety, but maybe it is not worth to change a running system ....
Thanks and regards Stefan

If you care about the Android security patch level I advise you to move to some LOS or AOSP based custom ROM since Mido is really EOL.. there are ported MIUI ROMs based on other phone's ROM (with the same or nearly the same hardware) but all have some issues here and there (since originally they were made for other devices, so it is kind of understanable).