Error Installed Fail to Update OTA (MIUI 1.0, Kernel 3.4.5, Android 4.2.2; Rom Multilanguage)

0n1maraz

Members
Dec 15, 2013
Hi, I´ am a new spanish user of Xiaomi Red Rice (it´s my firts phone of Xiaomi, my previous phone was and Sony Xperia Mini St15i). I bought on Antelife.com version WCDMA MultiLanguage Android 4.2.

I have MIUI JHBCNAH1.0, Android 4.2.2 and Kernel 3.4.5.

I want to Update the Phone with OTA to MIUI JHBCNAH3.0. It found it with System Update (miui-ota-HM2013023-JHBCNAH1.0-JHBCNAH3.0-e42b550296-4.2.zip) and Download it (10 MB). I select it to Update but when Reboot to Update, it say:

Sd.Install.Name

Install Failed!

I download Stable Rom Official WCDMA of En.Miui.Com (miui_HM2W_JHBCNAH3.0_779de75e3d_4.2.zip, 290 MB) and follow his Flashing Guide. But the error it´s the same.

What happened? I want to have the Original Version of Xiaomi Red Rice to update automatically with System Update (OTA). Until i don´t have spanish language (only english or chinese). It could be and incompatibility with the MultiLanguage Version that i have on Phone?

*Note: When I reboot on Recovery Mode. The phone has MIUI Recovery by APAR 2.04 on English or Chinese.

If you really want to install official JHBCNAH3.0 rom, delete: assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "HM2013023" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "HM2013023" from META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script in rom zip. For me, instalation of this rom has deleted MIUI Recorvery, and it took me a little to restore it.

Thanks, i modified updater-script and delete this line but it say the same error :(

I change the "MIUI Recovery by APAR 2.04" to original MIUI Recovery 2.06 with MobileUncleTools (i have SuperUser and checked with Application Root Checker).

But when Update by OTA automatically or select the ZIP'´s ROM: the same error. I Reboot on MIUI Recovery and try to Install from SD the ZIP´s ROM on SD CARD. And i don´t find the file, until i rename the file to update.zip, install.zip... There is no files and Only empty Directory called Miu_Recovery.

:?

Last edited:
If you really want to install official JHBCNAH3.0 rom, delete: assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "HM2013023" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "HM2013023" from META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script in rom zip. For me, instalation of this rom has deleted MIUI Recorvery, and it took me a little to restore it.

That's right, same experience I made. But now I'm on official and it's stable.

Thanks, i modified updater-script and delete this line but it say the same error :(

I change the "MIUI Recovery by APAR 2.04" to original MIUI Recovery 2.06 with MobileUncleTools (i have SuperUser and checked with Application Root Checker).

But when Update by OTA automatically or select the ZIP'´s ROM: the same error. I Reboot on MIUI Recovery and try to Install from SD the ZIP´s ROM on SD CARD. And i don´t find the file, until i rename the file to update.zip, install.zip... There is no files and Only empty Directory called Miu_Recovery.

:?

I tried about 3 or 4 times.

Get offical Rom, modify the updater-script as described (if you still get the sane error, you made a mistake i think) and copy the file to your SD-card root directory.
Than go to recovery and install from SD-card (chose file on SD-card)

Did you followed this guide? Just with stable from eu.xiaomi.com instead of multi
http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/22095/

Last edited:
Reactions: 0n1maraz
I download the Stable Hongmi Red Rice WCDMA Version from MIUI Official English Site. Or Download the Stable Version with System Update of phone. The error is the same.
http://en.miui.com/download-82.html

Open the ZIP ("miui_HM2W_JHBCNAH3.0_779de75e3d_4.2.zip") and change META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script with NotePad of Windows.

Delete the 1º line:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "HM2013023" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "HM2013023");

And Save it the file was here:

show_progress(0.500000, 0);
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p3", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p3", "/system");

Rename de Rom of ZIP modified to update.zip and Copy to my SD-card Root Directory. Reboot my Phone in Recovery Mode, Install from SD-Card and i don´t find the update.zip. I push install from update.zip but it say the same error.

I think that there it was some wrong in MIUI Recovery. It´s strange, because i change the MIUI Recovery by APAR 2.04 to MIUI Recovery 2.06 with MobileUncleTools withouth problems.

Could there and strange installation or the partition of Recovery was wrong?

Permissions? Root User?

The phone has Super SU on Phone and install Root Checker and it has root permission. After, with MobileUncleTools change the "MIUI Recovery by APAR 2.04" by the original MIUI Recovery 2.06 withouth problems.

Thanks, thomas087. I downloading your modified ROM to see the updater-script and compare with my modified updater-script . Even to use your modified ROM instead mine.

Yes, in Tool, i saw but i don´t tried to done. I do Fix Permission and it´s say: Done.

I choose Install from SD to see if i choose the ZIP´s ROM and not. Choose Zip From SD it´s empty and only there is a directory call Miu_Recovery with date of today (17 Dic 2013).

If i go to Backup and Restore and choose Backup it´s done anything. Or Restore... Is it normal?

I think that i find my error.

I am copying the ZIP´s ROM to Memory of Phone. I want to put the Phone to original ROM and Recovery, and push the MicroSD and SIM Card.

I push a MicroSD. And Copy Zip´s Rom Official and with Recovery i choose the file. But when i Update it say the error of on line: assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "HM2013023" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "HM2013023");

I am going to copy the Zip´s ROM Patched (with first line cleaned) and Install to SD. And i think that´s work.

Sorry by my mistake and thank you very much by your patience. I ckeck and say that it´s work.

P.D: Its work correctly.

Last edited:
Can you please give me a link to the stock MIUI RECOVERY FOR HONGMI WCDMA?

You can use fix permissions in the recovery mode. See under advanced i think.

Send from my Hongmi
Yes, fixing permission allowed me to flash the OTA update. Thanks a lot.

BTW, is it because I activated root permission in MIUI causing the permission problem?

hi thomas and maraz .. i doing your steps .. but not work for me ?? how to do that? can u post setp by setps how i do that without problem?