esim support

I am sure the hardware supports it. In fact in this Chinese rom there are Xiaomi SIM apps where you can get mobile plans online, so I guess thats an eSIM anyway...Will be probably missing from the Global versions as the app only supports Chinese mainland networks...

I am sure the hardware supports it. In fact in this Chinese rom there are Xiaomi SIM apps where you can get mobile plans online, so I guess thats an eSIM anyway...Will be probably missing from the Global versions as the app only supports Chinese mainland networks...
Nonsense. An eSIM is a physical chip on the motherboard which is programmed with a unique identifier known as EID (similar to IMEI but much longer). What you describe is not eSIM but a proprietary software solution.

Nonsense. An eSIM is a physical chip on the motherboard which is programmed with a unique identifier known as EID (similar to IMEI but much longer). What you describe is not eSIM but a proprietary software solution.
I know perfectly well what an eSIM is I used to manufacture and sell smart cards 20 years ago. I also happen to be an electronics engineer.
Actually you are talking nonsense as the Snapdragon chips have a built in e-SIM as part of the silicon since long time ago:

I know perfectly well what an eSIM is I used to manufacture and sell smart cards 20 years ago. I also happen to be an electronics engineer.
Actually you are talking nonsense as the Snapdragon chips have a built in e-SIM as part of the silicon since long time ago:

Then you should also know that an SoC can be cut down according to ODM's requirements.
If Xiaomi ordered SoCs without the Integrated eUICC, as would be expected for the Chinese market, then that's what they received.