EU plug replacement (EU PL distributor don't have spare parts??) Mi LED Desk Lamp

Piotru26

Members
Jun 21, 2019
Hi all,

Do you have any idea where I can buy EU plug for Mi LED Desk Lamp?
I bought this lamp some time ago in Poland directly form Xiaomi distributor. Why pay more in PL instead order it from China?
I thought that it will be great to have local warranty and possibility to repair it after warranty period.
Unfortunately, just 3 months after buying the lamp, I broke EU plug. I broke it Accidentally when I moved my desk and forgot that power adopter is in the socket.
I broke only plastic part of the plug - the one which is replaceable.

I thought that it will be easy to replace it so I contacted with polish distributor and asked to buy it. They told me that they don't have it in the store and also that their service cannot replace it. I asked if that means that I can throw away 100% functional device to the garbage, they answer that there are special places to dispose electronic waste (!!!).
That means that they totally don't care about ecology! Is only profit important?

Next time I will buy think 2 times before buying anything from them. Maybe Chinese shops are better choice.

Regards

Piotr

Or you could blame yourself for breaking it. Or, cut the plug off and fit your own if you are so ecologically minded :cool:

You didn't get the point.
However the way how you answer showed exactly what kind of person you are so I will not discuss it.
For everybody else who really want to help I put below picture of broken part. Maybe you know where I can buy it instead throwing away whole lamp.

Or you could blame yourself for breaking it. Or, cut the plug off and fit your own if you are so ecologically minded :cool:

That's my foul. I didn't blame anybody else.
Your idea is something what I will do if all other options will not bring good solution. I don't like home made fix due to security reasons. I believe that it can be done in proper way but from the very begging I choose product from EU distribution to avoid cutting Chinese plug.

That's my foul. I didn't blame anybody else.
Your idea is something what I will do if all other options will not bring good solution. I don't like home made fix due to security reasons. I believe that it can be done in proper way but from the very begging I choose product from EU distribution to avoid cutting Chinese plug.

Actually the integrity of that fixed plug is compromised now, you CAN'T just replace that top part of it. It's easier to bare the cable back and replace it with a new end. If you aren't good at wiring that would be the only "security" / "safety" concern.

Hello I have the same problem! My daughter has broken the plug accidentally, where can i find a spare part????

Many thanks to all can help me!

It’s not just a mains plug, it’s a power adapter containing a transformer with very specific voltage current and power characteristics and you can’t just put any old plug on it.

Actually the integrity of that fixed plug is compromised now, you CAN'T just replace that top part of it. It's easier to bare the cable back and replace it with a new end. If you aren't good at wiring that would be the only "security" / "safety" concern.

That is utter rubbish. The country-specific adapter plate with the broken pin is only temporarily attached with a clip and is removable for a reason. This is an international power adapter and is designed to be shipped with a range of adapter plates compatible with mains socket standards for other countries so that you can swap in the plate you need for the country you are in.

It therefore should be possible to obtain replacement adapter plates not just for the Euro socket but also for the UK, the US, Australia etc.

For other international adapters you *can* obtain the equivalent country-specific pieces separately (see https://www.acadaptorsrus.co.uk for example). But Xaomi has in this case elected to use a design that is not so widespread and so it appears one can’t source replacements from retailers. The responsibility falls on Xaomi alone. They chose to use this part and they need to make replacements available

It is wholly unacceptable for Xaomi to mistreat their customers in this way and even worse to see a representative of the company come onto their own support forum and insult a customer who is only looking for the manufacturer support to which they are entitled.

Xaomi must step up their game if they expect to maintain the foothold they have begun to achieve in Western markets.

That is utter rubbish. The country-specific adapter plate with the broken pin is only temporarily attached with a clip and is removable for a reason. This is an international power adapter and is designed to be shipped with a range of adapter plates compatible with mains socket standards for other countries so that you can swap in the plate you need for the country you are in.

It therefore should be possible to obtain replacement adapter plates not just for the Euro socket but also for the UK, the US, Australia etc.

For other international adapters you *can* obtain the equivalent country-specific pieces separately (see https://www.acadaptorsrus.co.uk for example). But Xaomi has in this case elected to use a design that is not so widespread and so it appears one can’t source replacements from retailers. The responsibility falls on Xaomi alone. They chose to use this part and they need to make replacements available

It is wholly unacceptable for Xaomi to mistreat their customers in this way and even worse to see a representative of the company come onto their own support forum and insult a customer who is only looking for the manufacturer support to which they are entitled.

Xaomi must step up their game if they expect to maintain the foothold they have begun to achieve in Western markets.
Wow, I understand where you are coming from, I don't really agree with how you are going about it, but you are going in a totally wrong place. This is not official Xiaomi support site/forum. Talk to them, this forum is for the custom ROM xiaomi.eu so reserve this attitude for them :D And yes this is an adapter do not cut it off, you just need the top plastic plug converter. don't you have others for US socket maybe in the pack - use this with another converter and voila. If not and if you have ordered it online maybe the seller has some, if not and if Xiaomi support/service in your country don't do anything about it home made solution is you only option - solder and some glue should do the trick.