EU plug replacement (EU PL distributor don't have spare parts??) Mi LED Desk Lamp

Piotru26

Members
Jun 21, 2019
Hi all,

Do you have any idea where I can buy EU plug for Mi LED Desk Lamp?
I bought this lamp some time ago in Poland directly form Xiaomi distributor. Why pay more in PL instead order it from China?
I thought that it will be great to have local warranty and possibility to repair it after warranty period.
Unfortunately, just 3 months after buying the lamp, I broke EU plug. I broke it Accidentally when I moved my desk and forgot that power adopter is in the socket.
I broke only plastic part of the plug - the one which is replaceable.

I thought that it will be easy to replace it so I contacted with polish distributor and asked to buy it. They told me that they don't have it in the store and also that their service cannot replace it. I asked if that means that I can throw away 100% functional device to the garbage, they answer that there are special places to dispose electronic waste (!!!).
That means that they totally don't care about ecology! Is only profit important?

Next time I will buy think 2 times before buying anything from them. Maybe Chinese shops are better choice.

Regards

Piotr

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Or you could blame yourself for breaking it. Or, cut the plug off and fit your own if you are so ecologically minded :cool:

polonyk

Members
Jan 24, 2018
WOW, you even registered just to post this.
Is your life really that empty?

They said to dispose it in a special place, which means it'll get recycled.
You broke the thing, you get mad, you blame the store and invent a hypothetical fake situation just to blame the manufacturer? Duuude.

Just get an universal power adapter based on the specs written on the OEM one, you tightbutt.

Piotru26

Members
Jun 21, 2019
You didn't get the point.
However the way how you answer showed exactly what kind of person you are so I will not discuss it.
For everybody else who really want to help I put below picture of broken part. Maybe you know where I can buy it instead throwing away whole lamp.

Piotru26

Members
Jun 21, 2019
Or you could blame yourself for breaking it. Or, cut the plug off and fit your own if you are so ecologically minded :cool:
That's my foul. I didn't blame anybody else.
Your idea is something what I will do if all other options will not bring good solution. I don't like home made fix due to security reasons. I believe that it can be done in proper way but from the very begging I choose product from EU distribution to avoid cutting Chinese plug.

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
That's my foul. I didn't blame anybody else.
Your idea is something what I will do if all other options will not bring good solution. I don't like home made fix due to security reasons. I believe that it can be done in proper way but from the very begging I choose product from EU distribution to avoid cutting Chinese plug.
Actually the integrity of that fixed plug is compromised now, you CAN'T just replace that top part of it. It's easier to bare the cable back and replace it with a new end. If you aren't good at wiring that would be the only "security" / "safety" concern.