EU ROM on Redmi note 7 China version? - also: TWRP OR MIFLASH TOOL..

AdRem

Members
Jun 17, 2019
Hi there I have a couple of questions;
(Kindof new to Redmi flashing)

First, I accidentally bought a Redmi Note 7 Chinese version.. can I install your European ROM on that? I think the answer is yes but I'm not sure..
(Its the 48mp 3/64gb vers. Brandnew)

Second; RE. installing TWRP, do I upload the ROM to the internal storage before that or after that? Which would be before or after formatting the data partition? Can you do this after formatting the data partition? I really want to know the exact order so I'm not going to Brick my device LOL.
By the way I still have a couple of days left before my bootloader can be unlocked which I will obviously do first I was also reading about using the miflash.exe. Is this recommended or should I stick with TWRP?
Thank you so much for your reply

Last edited:
Back in time i bought Redmi Note 4 Chinese version and i could install xioami.eu without any problem.
Also i think all redmi note 7 based on snapdragon so shouldn't be any problem.

I uploaded the rom to internal (and external sd card too lol just for security) then flashed twrp, then booted to twrp without starting the stock rom (it replaces twrp by the stock recovery...) and wiped data, flashed xioami.eu and magisk (optional) and everything was ok.

But keep in mind after flashing twrp do not let the phone start the stock miui because it will replace twrp... You can enter twrp by holding power and volume up.
If you start the stock miui then you have to flash twrp again and try to go to it without starting the stock rom :D