New Exchange Does Not Work

ValldemaR

Members
Mar 15, 2017
Dear developers!
Many times I asked this question on the official website of MIUI.
And for over a year they have not responded to him. Maybe you have any information? On all ROM's from MIUI the exhange profile is not working in the standard mail application. This happens on any version, starting with V8, and on any devices. Why is this error ignored by developers for such a long time? And whether to wait for its solution.
Thank you.

Dear developers!
Many times I asked this question on the official website of MIUI.
And for over a year they have not responded to him. Maybe you have any information? On all ROM's from MIUI the exhange profile is not working in the standard mail application. This happens on any version, starting with V8, and on any devices. Why is this error ignored by developers for such a long time? And whether to wait for its solution.
Thank you.
I found the solution!

On the first screen, when you are setting up your email, tap Default Settings and change the protocol from Exchange to IMAP. Bam! No more crashes.

Credit goes to RSM78 on the MIUI forum. Sorry, I don't have enough posts under my belt to post a link.

Hello,

I have solution that i used now and it works (it's a bug in application):

Step 1
In configuration you need to provide email address and password.
After you hit next should be error and manual configuration.
Step 2
In the manual Exchange configuraton:

email address field: use domain account username with FQDN format: user(at)domain.loc (i cannot use @ becouse of forum rules...)
username field: you can complete as You wish - its a bug with firld mepping - Email usees field email as username
password: domain password

mail server - enter IP or DNS your Exchange server.