Extremely high "Cell Standby" battery drain

• Thread starter ⫷ CRƎΛT1VE_ ⫸
  • Start date

⫷ CRƎΛT1VE_ ⫸

Cell Standby is even higher than Display.

I read that it's a problem with the baseband firmware on the Chinese Mi8 in the Global markets. I have a Chinese Mi8, which I'm using in Germany.

Can I do something to lower the drain? Or can the xiaomi.eu team do something against the high drain?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my device is in Airplane Mode during the night (not automatically enabled through the System Tasks toggle in the settings app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. CN Mi8 using in Germany.
You can flash Global firmware.
Or flash another custom rom.
Pixel Experience is very good and Android Q.!!

Same here. CN Mi8 using in Germany.
You can flash Global firmware.
Or flash another custom rom.
Pixel Experience is very good and Android Q.!!
Thanks for the advice. But I really don't wanna install a Pixel-like Android yet, I just love MIUI as of now (and MIUI 11 is heading it's way soon).

I switched from the Global ROM to the xiaomi.eu one because I had this issue there as well. It was great till now. Now I'm facing this issue again. Maybe it's time for another beta update :D

The xiaomi.eu is just very popular with the German Xiaomi users ;) Yes, I also recommend to wait for the new Miui 11 ROM and then perform a clean flash. Then you can exclude or detect a hardware failure.

my standby drain was caused by the Rom selecting the wrong network type. Go to *#*#4636#*#* and select LTE/UMTS auto (PRL) for both Sims. Try it