Face Unlock

joseehilton

Members
Dec 8, 2018
Hello.

Its possible to add a feature who let us swipe to unlock the screen, because isn't a good thing when u want too see hours or want to change music it unlock instantaneous, there's a option but i think that don't work or isn't a feature that do this, you guys can do that or only xiaomi team?

Reactions: a-i-m and mateHD

twobit

Members
Feb 20, 2019
Interested as well. This is p****ng me off also, insta unlocking.
+1

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Conus

Members
Feb 5, 2019
Potentially it's possible with rooted phone. I've modded my Redmi 5 Plus to map the fingerprint sensor to power button. As a side effect I can switch on power by touching FP sensor with *any* finger. An unregistered finger wakes up lock screen but doesn't unlock. A registered finger unlocks.

All I had to do is to copy /system/usr/keylayout/uinput-fpc.kl and /system/usr/keylayout/uinput-goodix.kl to /sdcard/ and change a line in boths files:

key 353 DPAD_CENTER

changed to

key 353 POWER

Then I installed Magisk module "Custom Keylayout" and reboot. Now FP sensor has an additionaly function as second power button and I can switch on lock screen with my little fingers. FP sensor works furthermore as before.

Other mods are also possible, eg: https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-fingerprint-selfie-xiaomi-redmi-3s/

Reactions: twobit

mateHD

Members
Nov 23, 2016
Potentially it's possible with rooted phone. I've modded my Redmi 5 Plus to map the fingerprint sensor to power button. As a side effect I can switch on power by touching FP sensor with *any* finger. An unregistered finger wakes up lock screen but doesn't unlock. A registered finger unlocks.

All I had to do is to copy /system/usr/keylayout/uinput-fpc.kl and /system/usr/keylayout/uinput-goodix.kl to /sdcard/ and change a line in boths files:

key 353 DPAD_CENTER

changed to

key 353 POWER

Then I installed Magisk module "Custom Keylayout" and reboot. Now FP sensor has an additionaly function as second power button and I can switch on lock screen with my little fingers. FP sensor works furthermore as before.

Other mods are also possible, eg: https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-fingerprint-selfie-xiaomi-redmi-3s/
Thanks, but we haven't fingerprint button and if the screen is wake up the face sensor instant unlock the phone.

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016

key 353 DPAD_CENTER

changed to

key 353 POWER

Completely irrelevant to the discussion, the OP talks about Face unlock, not fingerprint unlock.

maksz

Members
Jan 8, 2019

key 353 DPAD_CENTER

changed to

key 353 POWER

So on an unmodified software, phone shouldn't wake up by touching fingerprint sensor with any finger? Did I understand correctly? because my Max 3 wakes up when I touch fingerprint sensor without any fingerprint added (which is little annoying and I don't see any option to disable this).

Conus

Members
Feb 5, 2019
So on an unmodified software, phone shouldn't wake up by touching fingerprint sensor with any finger? Did I understand correctly?
Yes, that's true. This behavoir comes with stock global ROMs from Xiaomi and with ROMs from here.

Also I wonder why there are two active input devices running for FP sensor: "uinput-goodix" and "uinput-fpc" (see /proc/bus/input/devices)

No idea whether it's a bug or a feature. I use it as a feature to wake built-in lockscreen controls of PowerAmp music player. That works fine with Xiaomi's lockscreen without unlocking device.