Failed (remote: Dtb Not Found) In Cmd Fastboot Boot Twrp.img

Carlos Buffon

Members
Oct 11, 2016
Hi,
I updated the ROM from my Mi4c of 5.1 (Android) to 7.0 of Miui Brazil even. The cell phone began to get very hot and consequently consume the battery in a few hours, something that in ROM MIUIBrasil_MIUI8_MI4c_6.12.25_5.1 the battery lasted typically between 1 and 2 days.
Because of the heating wanted to return to the ROM 6.12.25 .
After unlock again the cell phone i have tried to run the sequence of charging via Fastboot. All of the right until you reach the stage of reboot to enter TWRP. The message that appears is the following:

"Fastboot twrp boot.img"
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.462s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: dtb not found)
finished. total time: 1.525s

AND DOES NOT ENTER INTO TWRP.
I tried older versions of TWRP, but nothing has changed. The versions that i have tried were: TWRP 3.0.2-0 pound and also the 2.8. something.
I managed to change the ROM by Chinese official track MiFlash but the above problem continues.

I believe you have the same problem i had due to locked bootloader.
Can you check once again with "fastboot oem device-info" if your bootloader is unlocked?

Can you check once again with "fastboot oem device-info" if your bootloader is unlocked?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [ 0.056s]
finished. total time: 0.057s

You can see the version of TWRP on the recovery itself. If you reboot into recovery (twrp) you will see on top of the screen the version. For example mine says team win 3.0.3.0 which is the twrp for android 7.0
3.0.2 is for 5.1 if i am not mistaken.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Reactions: Carlos Buffon
well I've tried the latest TWRP from the official site, but it doesn't work with the beta 7.2.23 so i recommend to install the version I've have linked

Reactions: vladpaul
TWRP for Android 7.0 - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767135741
TWRP for Android 5.1 - https://dl.twrp.me/libra/twrp-3.0.2-0-libra.img.html

Check the current version you are running and flash the right twrp for that.

Hi shadowerwtas,

You are absolutely right. I put the TWRP_libra_7.0 and worked.
I am very grateful to you, for now.
Thank you very much, it was difficult for the most current version that i found on the web site TWRP was still the 3.0.2 which is for the 5.1.

I tried to install the rom, but not installed. Will The TWRP 3.0.3 (Andriod 7.0) only works if you install ROMs 7.0? How can i go back to Android versions 5.1?

Last edited:
Reactions: shadowerwtas
you can go back with original firmware (miflash - fastboot), then twrp for 5.1 will work. you know the rest.

i try all latest version and still meet dtb error :(

Attachments

• wierd.jpg
    wierd.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 4,695
Hello guys so whats the step to install rom From 5.1(twrp 3.0.2.0) ---to----- nougat twrp 7.0/(twrp 3.0.3.0)

Install mi4c 5.1 to 7.0 nougat
1. install rom
2. install twrp
3. instal su

or
1.instal nougat twrp
2. install rom
3. instal twrp

Hello guys so whats the step to install rom From 5.1(twrp 3.0.2.0) ---to----- nougat twrp 7.0/(twrp 3.0.3.0)

Install mi4c 5.1 to 7.0 nougat
1. install rom
2. install twrp
3. instal su

or
1.instal nougat twrp
2. install rom
3. instal twrp

Hi Alton,
I think so that are in the reverse order 3. later 2. and 1.
But I tried and i did ready change right the 5.1 for direct 7.0 only update for .ZIP. I put the miui 7.0 .zip in the root flash drive mi 4c and I executed the update for the new file in the config root update in the miui. For this, I had in my mi 4c, the boot unlock and twrp installed.

Right on, my bootloader seems to be locked:

fastboot oem device-info returns
(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false

How do I unlock it ?