Fastboot Rom (miui 8/9, Los13, AOSP) With Gapps, Root And Some Other Stuffs

Hi all. I ran into some problems:

1) one fine day China Dev 7.2.9 Google Keyboard died on me. I managed to install Gboard via web play store. Everyone seems to be working fine.
2) after I solved the keyboard problem, I went on to update 7.2.16 via Updater app. Update went well and all my apps and app data still intact. Happy. However, Google Play store service died and my Google Play icon disappeared.

Q1) how do I reinstall Google Play app back?
Q2) which version of gapps should I use?

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk

Hi Papka, installed China 7.2.16 and currently on second reboot...all is looking great so far :) No errors encountered and I didn't press 8 in the Toolbox to exit....whoop whoop, happy days !
Thank you so much for all your help.

One further question, I always have the Error 03 on powering up/rebooting the device, should I use the Toolbox to Verify it? What is the negative for doing so? I believe that I will not be able to add TWRP...but I don't have a use for it anyway.

Thanks again
Steven

Hi Papka, installed China 7.2.16 and currently on second reboot...all is looking great so far :) No errors encountered and I didn't press 8 in the Toolbox to exit....whoop whoop, happy days !
Thank you so much for all your help.

One further question, I always have the Error 03 on powering up/rebooting the device, should I use the Toolbox to Verify it? What is the negative for doing so? I believe that I will not be able to add TWRP...but I don't have a use for it anyway.

Thanks again
Steven

You can't have China dev with OTA and TWRP. So you can easy set bootloader to "verified". 03 will disappear. No negative sides in that.

hi Papka

I am back,
i was blocked with the with error 03 and the old toolbox was not working on my Win10 x64
if you remenber

Your last version of ToolBox WORKS PERFECTLY
Thank you so much.

now i did flashed the DEV 7.2.9 and i got the issue with the PlayStore error
i did all the steps on your tool box
wifi
play store
partition
Flash rom
except the TWRP !!!

I am swithching off and try after the reboot

hey Papka_,

Here was my experience with the latest ROMs so far:

Toolbox on Win10 x64 works very well overall. Just had to remember to go into developer mode every time I flash a new rom.

I initially flashed the 8.1.3 rom which was going well. I then got curious and tried both the China Dev 7.2.9 and Xiaomi.eu 7.2.9 roms...then finally had to revert back the 8.1.3 due to Google Play Store and Google Play Services issues on both the 7.2.9 roms. I experienced repeated popups right from the very beginning of the initial set up (where it says MIU8 and the 2 circles) saying "google play services had stopped..." or "google play store services...stopped...".

During initial book into the interface Google Settings icon flashed repeatedly and the pop-up errors boxes popping up so I had to cancel them alot. When I launched the Google Play Store it was stuck on the "Checking Info" loop. I tried factory reset from both inside the OS and through TWRP as well. Also tried clearing data and cache on the apps too and it didn't work.

Finally got fed up since a whole afternoon went by and just flashed back to the 8.1.3!

same issue
i am waiting Papka help

same issue
i am waiting Papka help

I deleted DATA + CACHE of the Google apps
Google Services
Google Framework
Google Account

Still the same error, waiting 5 minutes

Pakpa, we this error just after a full flash of your rom, that means we do not have any account saved on mipad2
i try to use the google app updater from the mi market , error on the 1st step for the Framework
it seems that it is the process which making the trouble

We let to find the solution i stay with error waiting your green light
before to reflash the stable

Fixed China dev build 7.2.16 published.
Fixed Xiaomi.eu biuld 7.2.9 published.

Thanks! Works fine during the flashing.

I had to remove and add in Google Account to sync as the account was having trouble syncing after the 7.2.16 is flashed into the device.

Questions:
Is it easier for me to install GAPPS manually instead of downloading the ROM and reflashing?

I deleted DATA + CACHE of the Google apps
Google Services
Google Framework
Google Account

Still the same error, waiting 5 minutes

Pakpa, we this error just after a full flash of your rom, that means we do not have any account saved on mipad2
i try to use the google app updater from the mi market , error on the 1st step for the Framework
it seems that it is the process which making the trouble

We let to find the solution i stay with error waiting your green light
before to reflash the stable

Did you download latest version of ROM? Is it Xiaomi.eu based or China dev based? China dev latest fixed is 7.2.16. Xiaomi.eu latest fixed is still 7.2.9.

Thanks! Works fine during the flashing.

I had to remove and add in Google Account to sync as the account was having trouble syncing after the 7.2.16 is flashed into the device.

Questions:
Is it easier for me to install GAPPS manually instead of downloading the ROM and reflashing?

I would say - better take latest and just flash over. You on China dev. Am I right? I tested it on my device with full reset and now it's fine with only small thing with Google keyboard. You can't choose it during setup. Then you should get all latest updates in Market and after that keyboard working fine. I'm looking into that.

I would say - better take latest and just flash over. You on China dev. Am I right? I tested it on my device with full reset and now it's fine with only small thing with Google keyboard. You can't choose it during setup. Then you should get all latest updates in Market and after that keyboard working fine. I'm looking into that.
Thanks for your work in this project.

Yes, I am using the China Dev and on 7.2.16 now.

Yes, I know it is easier to reflash a new ROM. As this is actually my main and only Android device, I am using it instead of testing it as a spare tablet :p. Therefore, I prefer not to reset as I will have to re-download all the app again and also I will lose my game progress :p

In my current setup, I have replaced Google Keyboard with GBoard (due to the last issue) and it is still fine after just performing option 7 which is reflashing ROMs from the ROM folder.

Seems like my issue is not similar to yours.

Thanks for your work in this project.

Yes, I am using the China Dev and on 7.2.16 now.

Yes, I know it is easier to reflash a new ROM. As this is actually my main and only Android device, I am using it instead of testing it as a spare tablet :p. Therefore, I prefer not to reset as I will have to re-download all the app again and also I will lose my game progress :p

In my current setup, I have replaced Google Keyboard with GBoard (due to the last issue) and it is still fine after just performing option 7 which is reflashing ROMs from the ROM folder.

Seems like my issue is not similar to yours.

No. You actually did what exactly I advised to do for update. Problems are only for those who did clean install.

Hello Papka__,
any suggestion with the issue with new 8.2.1.o laccndl od mipad2? You can find the thread in mipad2 section, unfortunately I can't post the link here...
Thanks

Hello Papka__,
any suggestion with the issue with new 8.2.1.o laccndl od mipad2? You can find the thread in mipad2 section, unfortunately I can't post the link here...
Thanks

Have no idea. Probably something broken. Should wait until Xiaomi.EU team will fix problems.

Correct ROM image based on Xiaomi.eu 7.2.16 published. 7.2.9 removed due to bugs with GAPPS.
7.2.16 China dev also republished. Problem with Gboard on clean install resolved.

Last edited:
Did you download latest version of ROM? Is it Xiaomi.eu based or China dev based? China dev latest fixed is 7.2.16. Xiaomi.eu latest fixed is still 7.2.9.

Hi Papka, as indicated in my post I used only the Xiaomi.eu based because I need multilanguage

And the version is the 7.2.9
So this Rom is defective about the gapps, you agree

I need to wait you new Rom 7.2.16 Xiaomi.eu based

Thank you for your SUPER WORK

Hi Papka, as indicated in my post I used only the Xiaomi.eu based because I need multilanguage

And the version is the 7.2.9
So this Rom is defective about the gapps, you agree

I need to wait you new Rom 7.2.16 Xiaomi.eu based

Thank you for your SUPER WORK

7.2.16 ready. Just download and flash. :)