Fastboot Rom (miui 8/9, Los13, AOSP) With Gapps, Root And Some Other Stuffs

6.12.15 based on Xiaomi.eu added to main post.

I install the xiaomi.eu 8.1.1.0 (China stable), do you recomend the 6.12.15 based on Xiaomi.eu instead?
I have battery problems with xiaomi.eu 8.1.1.0 (China stable), maybe if i change to 6.12.15 the problem disappear.

I install the xiaomi.eu 8.1.1.0 (China stable), do you recomend the 6.12.15 based on Xiaomi.eu instead?
I have battery problems with xiaomi.eu 8.1.1.0 (China stable), maybe if i change to 6.12.15 the problem disappear.

I don't recommend 8.1.1.0 at all. Old development ROM decided to mark as stable... No point. I would go either with China based dev (you will have weekly OTA) or latest Xiaomi.eu.

I dont understand i flash my mipad2 with the flashtool and work great and now a week later i try flash again but with the new toolbox and the pc just dont recognize the mipad.
I unistalled and installed again the driver and dont work.

I dont understand i flash my mipad2 with the flashtool and work great and now a week later i try flash again but with the new toolbox and the pc just dont recognize the mipad.
I unistalled and installed again the driver and dont work.

Did you tried drivers included in Driver subfolder in Toolbox?

I'm trying to install this rom, but probably I'm doing something wrong... Hope you can help me.
I got my mi pad 2 a couple weeks ago but didn't do much with it yet because I wanted to install a different rom, in case the seller put some spyware or something on it ;) This room looked like a prime candidate, but I can't get the toolbox to connect to my tablet.

First off, if I understand it correctly, I'm supposed to turn my tablet off, plug in the USB cable, go to fastboot by holding volume down, then start tool.bat, right?
I do this, my tablet shows a nice little cartoon of a chinese rabbit poking around in an android with the word fastboot under it and I see Intel Android Device show up in my device manager. I start tool.bat, but all it shows me is an empty command window with a blinking cursor in the top left. I left it for 15 minutes, disconnected the tablet and aborted the batch file. Then when I try again it immediately says device not found and refers to the driver folder. After I reboot my PC it does the blank screen thing once again, then goes back to device not found after I abort the batch file.
I installed the Intel drivers, but I have no idea what to do with the xiaomi drivers. There's just some inf and cat files? I don't have an unrecognized device that I can point to those drivers and rightclicking and installing doesn't seem to work.

Am I doing it wrong? Do you have any other idea what could be causing this?
My PC runs Windows 10. My tablet has MIUI version 77. | Stable 77.1.9.0(LACCNCL)

Also, one other question... I saw you advising the chinese rom because you get OTA updates, but why do we want that? I typically don't like my devices updating too much. This tablet will mostly just sit on my couch and be used as a web browsing device. Once it's stable and does what it's supposed to, I'd rather not risk an update suddenly breaking it... or is there some other reason why I should want those updates?

I'm trying to install this rom, but probably I'm doing something wrong... Hope you can help me.
I got my mi pad 2 a couple weeks ago but didn't do much with it yet because I wanted to install a different rom, in case the seller put some spyware or something on it ;) This room looked like a prime candidate, but I can't get the toolbox to connect to my tablet.

First off, if I understand it correctly, I'm supposed to turn my tablet off, plug in the USB cable, go to fastboot by holding volume down, then start tool.bat, right?
I do this, my tablet shows a nice little cartoon of a chinese rabbit poking around in an android with the word fastboot under it and I see Intel Android Device show up in my device manager. I start tool.bat, but all it shows me is an empty command window with a blinking cursor in the top left. I left it for 15 minutes, disconnected the tablet and aborted the batch file. Then when I try again it immediately says device not found and refers to the driver folder. After I reboot my PC it does the blank screen thing once again, then goes back to device not found after I abort the batch file.
I installed the Intel drivers, but I have no idea what to do with the xiaomi drivers. There's just some inf and cat files? I don't have an unrecognized device that I can point to those drivers and rightclicking and installing doesn't seem to work.

Am I doing it wrong? Do you have any other idea what could be causing this?
My PC runs Windows 10. My tablet has MIUI version 77. | Stable 77.1.9.0(LACCNCL)

Also, one other question... I saw you advising the chinese rom because you get OTA updates, but why do we want that? I typically don't like my devices updating too much. This tablet will mostly just sit on my couch and be used as a web browsing device. Once it's stable and does what it's supposed to, I'd rather not risk an update suddenly breaking it... or is there some other reason why I should want those updates?

So long story. Let's start from scratch. Boot your device into Android, connect to PC, go to device manager and for unknown/not working device install xiaomi drivers from archive. Then open command line in toolbox folder and run tool.bat. Post results.
If you will be informed, that device not found, when toolbox will boot your device into DnX/fastboot, then let black window stay waiting you pressing any key, go to devoice manager once again and point for drivers for uknown device to folder with xiaomi drivers.

Last edited:
So long story. Let's start from scratch. Boot your device into Android, connect to PC, go to device manager and for unknown/not working device install xiaomi drivers from archive. Then open command line in toolbox folder and run tool.bat. Post results.
Heh, sorry ;) I always worry I wont give enough information...
My PC actually didn't respond to connecting the tablet at all anymore and tablet no longer gave the option of what to do with the USB connection. So I wiped it using the recovery option (volume up). After that I now get an option to use MTP or PTP (media device or camera). Doesn't seem to matter which I choose, it shows up in windows file explorer as MI PAD 2 and in the device manager I only get a MI PAD 2 under Portable Devices. If I try to direct it to the xiaomi drivers it says it already has the best driver, MTP USB Device. There is no unknown or disabled device anywhere that I can see.
When I run the tool.bat, it still gives me the black window with cursor blinking in the topleft.

Heh, sorry ;) I always worry I wont give enough information...
My PC actually didn't respond to connecting the tablet at all anymore and tablet no longer gave the option of what to do with the USB connection. So I wiped it using the recovery option (volume up). After that I now get an option to use MTP or PTP (media device or camera). Doesn't seem to matter which I choose, it shows up in windows file explorer as MI PAD 2 and in the device manager I only get a MI PAD 2 under Portable Devices. If I try to direct it to the xiaomi drivers it says it already has the best driver, MTP USB Device. There is no unknown or disabled device anywhere that I can see.
When I run the tool.bat, it still gives me the black window with cursor blinking in the topleft.

Did you turned on usb debug in developers options?

Did you turned on usb debug in developers options?
No, I didn't...
Now I did, and the toolbox is flashing the rom :)
Knew it had to be something stupid like that that was going to be obvious to other people :p thanks a lot for the assistance :)

Dear Papka

You are the boss for the Mipad2
i spend half day to find a procedure that can help me to get the Xiaomi.eu (i am French) in my new Mipad 2 freshly received from Ibuygou

1 - i was in the Dev China last version from the box and updated over wifi
2- i put the tablet in DNX mode and i flashed it to CHINA DEV ROM 6.1.7
because i got this rom in the procedure for DNX , i flash it all was OK
except that i was still in chine + english
3- i found your procedure here , i downloaded the ROM 6.12.15 xiaomi.eu_Root_Gapps
4- i did not use your tool box
5 - i kept my package of DNX folder, i just replaced the 3 files
· Boot
· Bootloader
· System​
and overwritted the china files
6 - i Flashed it
And I GOT THE XIAOMI.EU with all the languages FINALLY

Thank you, thank you so much for your work

Dear Papka

All was ok , except the error 03, i tried to remove it
but infortunately i was blocked on the error 01 just after the boot in the begining
i did some test with fast oem verification and unlock and after that
no way to get the initial menu => continuous Bootloop on your rom or original recovery
and no chance to get DNX Fastboot

i let the tablet running all the night to get the battery empty
i recharged it, in and press VOL + - and ON to go to DNX
by chance, i could flash with my package CHINA DEV ROM 6.1.7 to revert to normal conditions

now i need to restart with your rom again
But i am afraid to brick again on the error code 01
what i need to do , what i missed ??

Dear Papka

All was ok , except the error 03, i tried to remove it
but infortunately i was blocked on the error 01 just after the boot in the begining
i did some test with fast oem verification and unlock and after that
no way to get the initial menu => continuous Bootloop on your rom or original recovery
and no chance to get DNX Fastboot

i let the tablet running all the night to get the battery empty
i recharged it, in and press VOL + - and ON to go to DNX
by chance, i could flash with my package CHINA DEV ROM 6.1.7 to revert to normal conditions

now i need to restart with your rom again
But i am afraid to brick again on the error code 01
what i need to do , what i missed ??

You probably flashed TWRP.... That's the case of error 01 after locking bootloader. You can set bootloader to verified state, then you can stay with TWRP and no 03 errors.

You probably flashed TWRP.... That's the case of error 01 after locking bootloader. You can set bootloader to verified state, then you can stay with TWRP and no 03 errors.

Yes you are right, in the last flash, i changed the RECOVERY which was the original with the TWRP
i got access to twrp , i did factory reset i got Xiaomi.eu ROM
but the error 03, and i after i tried to solve the this error by playing with some commands
OEM Verify ; OEM Unlock etc...
and since these tests , i am blocked with 01 once i flash your XIAOMI.EU ROM
with your CHINESE ROM Root no issue ???

Can you tell me the exact procedure that i need to follow

1. i am actually with your CHINA ROM MIUI_6.12.29_China_dev_Root_Gapps
  2. do i need to set UNLOCK OEM on dev menu first
  3. do i need to go in DNX mode or FASTBOOT mode
  4. if fastboot mode how to move to DNX to fastboot ?
  5. if i stay in DNX mode what is the exact command to type:
    C:\fastboot unlock-info ??

Yes you are right, in the last flash, i changed the RECOVERY which was the original with the TWRP
i got access to twrp , i did factory reset i got Xiaomi.eu ROM
but the error 03, and i after i tried to solve the this error by playing with some commands
OEM Verify ; OEM Unlock etc...
and since these tests , i am blocked with 01 once i flash your XIAOMI.EU ROM
with your CHINESE ROM Root no issue ???
So... If you flashed Xiaomi.eu ROM with TWRP, you can have either unlocked bootloader or verified. Setting to verified, you will never get 03 error, but you will not be able to get into TWRP. What you can do now is - boot info DNX mode manually, then open command line inside Toolbox folder and write following commands with adding enter after each:
set debug=0
fastboot boot loader.efi
fastboot oem verified
fastboot continue

Let me know about results.

but actually i do not have anymore TWRP installed because i flashed the official Fastboot ROM and your CHINA ROM to test
PS: i can not use your toolbox, i have an erro cecho => command not valid

but actually i do not have anymore TWRP installed because i flashed the official Fastboot ROM and your CHINA ROM to test
PS: i can not use your toolbox, i have an erro cecho => command not valid

Did you opened command line in Toolbox folder and the typed tool.bat? File cecho.exe should be inside Toolbox folder.

yes all the files are inside, but i get the error

That's strange. You doing something wrong. But let's tray to fix your problems. Boot into DNX mode and do following commands:
set debug=0
fastboot boot loader.efi
fastboot oem unlock

Then your decision what you are going to do. If you would like to have TWRP, then type:
fastboot flash recovery RECOVERY\recovery.img
(This command will flash you TWRP with MTP support.)

If you are going to flash Xiaomi.eu version, provided by me, then download it and extract files to ROM subfolder of Toolbox.
Then type:
fastboot flash boot ROM\boot.img
fastboot flash bootloader ROM\bootloader.img
fastboot flash system ROM\system.img
fastboot format cache

Now, if you flashed TWRP, then type:
fastboot oem reboot recovery
(you will be booted into TWRP and you will have 03 error)

If you left original recovery, just type:
fastboot oem verified
fastboot continue

Now about fixing 03 error - if you flashed Xioami.eu based rom, it contains patched bootloader to hide 03 error. If you still getting 03 error, only one way to fix it is to boot into DNX mode then:
set debug=0
fastboot boot loader.efi
fastboot oem verified
fastboot continue

03 error will disappear but you will not be able to boot into TWRP.
Hope it's clear.

i flashed latest eu rom from 1.st post and booting lasts 10 minutes. am i in bootloop?
chinese develop version works good but eu based bootloop..

yes, yes, suceeded.. eu rom booting..

waiting for update, thanks..

Last edited:
Hi, i flashed China Dev. 6.12.29 and so far everything is working quite nice, as far as i can tell - i am new to Miui.
One thing that is not working, is location Service from Google. When i open maps or Google Earth, they are not able to recognize my location by network. Location access under Privacy/location is turned on. It seems like NetworkLocation.apk is missing.
Any suggestions how to fix this?

Hi all, I'm new here. After days of endless search for solution for a good and stable Mi Pad 2 rom with gaps I finally show this thread and the guide and tools here provided by Papka__ is simply amazing!

I am encountering 1 issue here. After I did a OTA to update from Papka__'s China Dev. 6.12.29 to "Miui 8 7.1.20 | Beta", Play Store is dead. I also discovered that the Google account is not there anymore and I can't setup new Google Account type in "Settings->Other Accounts".

Anyone encounter this? How can I repair this?

Thanks in advance!