Fastboot Rom (miui 8/9, Los13, AOSP) With Gapps, Root And Some Other Stuffs

do a factory reset after flashing different roms..
Hi ivan.martinko,

Thanks, I will try that. I was going towards that route.

Questions
1) Won't that clear all my downloaded app?
2) The 7.1.20 update seems to have removed the SU binaries as well. Will factory reset will bring it back?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ivan.martinko,

Thanks, I will try that. I was going towards that route.

Questions
1) Won't that clear all my downloaded app?
2) The 7.1.20 update seems to have removed the SU binaries as well. Will factory reset will bring it back?

Thanks in advance.

So. Your problem is, that you got via OTA full ROM, because I was sick last week and didn't updated version. That's why all features are lost. After flashing this version you will get updates every week and all will be fine. What you should do: wait till the evening. I'll upload new version and you will just flash it (system, boot, bootloader) over. No need of reset. You can flash via Toolbox.

So. Your problem is, that you got via OTA full ROM, because I was sick last week and didn't updated version. That's why all features are lost. After flashing this version you will get updates every week and all will be fine. What you should do: wait till the evening. I'll upload new version and you will just flash it (system, boot, bootloader) over. No need of reset. You can flash via Toolbox.
Thanks!

I don't know what I need to do? nothing happens. Do I need to write some command?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 391
I don't know what I need to do? nothing happens. Do I need to write some command?

When your device booted into fastboot mode, have a look into device manager. Maybe something wrong with driver. Then update drivers from Drivers/Xiaomi subfolder inside the Toolbox.

Reactions: Flaviocross
Upcoming official OTA for China dev based ROM will remove all features including root added by me. So not apply OTA. If it'll be applied automatically, don't worry and wait for next week. You will need to re-flash new ROM I'll publish next week. Device reset will not be required.

Reactions: Steven Braithwaite
China 7.2.9 based ROM added. Re-download Toolbox (flashing tool) also.

hey Papka_,

Here was my experience with the latest ROMs so far:

Toolbox on Win10 x64 works very well overall. Just had to remember to go into developer mode every time I flash a new rom.

I initially flashed the 8.1.3 rom which was going well. I then got curious and tried both the China Dev 7.2.9 and Xiaomi.eu 7.2.9 roms...then finally had to revert back the 8.1.3 due to Google Play Store and Google Play Services issues on both the 7.2.9 roms. I experienced repeated popups right from the very beginning of the initial set up (where it says MIU8 and the 2 circles) saying "google play services had stopped..." or "google play store services...stopped...".

During initial book into the interface Google Settings icon flashed repeatedly and the pop-up errors boxes popping up so I had to cancel them alot. When I launched the Google Play Store it was stuck on the "Checking Info" loop. I tried factory reset from both inside the OS and through TWRP as well. Also tried clearing data and cache on the apps too and it didn't work.

Finally got fed up since a whole afternoon went by and just flashed back to the 8.1.3!

2 things. In some cases, and I think this was your case, you need to remove Google account and add it back. Same was for me, when I updated my device. Note, that I also updated Google services to latest versions.
Second thing is - do not forget to reboot device after first boot, but wait at least 5 min. before rebooting. Then Google crashes will disappear.
Just try once again.

hey Papka_,

Here was my experience with the latest ROMs so far:

Toolbox on Win10 x64 works very well overall. Just had to remember to go into developer mode every time I flash a new rom.

I initially flashed the 8.1.3 rom which was going well. I then got curious and tried both the China Dev 7.2.9 and Xiaomi.eu 7.2.9 roms...then finally had to revert back the 8.1.3 due to Google Play Store and Google Play Services issues on both the 7.2.9 roms. I experienced repeated popups right from the very beginning of the initial set up (where it says MIU8 and the 2 circles) saying "google play services had stopped..." or "google play store services...stopped...".

During initial book into the interface Google Settings icon flashed repeatedly and the pop-up errors boxes popping up so I had to cancel them alot. When I launched the Google Play Store it was stuck on the "Checking Info" loop. I tried factory reset from both inside the OS and through TWRP as well. Also tried clearing data and cache on the apps too and it didn't work.

Finally got fed up since a whole afternoon went by and just flashed back to the 8.1.3!

I've experienced the same google Play Services issue with the 7.2.9 China Dev ROM when updating today.
I also pressed 8 instead of zero to exit the Toolbox and lost all my user data as a result :( A confirm button would be nice on the Toolbox.

So, I've tried the rebooting 3 times, removing Google Account prior to the update, wiping and installing 7.1.20 and then updating to 7.2.9, also using the Toolbox options to re-configure the Userdata partition ....still Google issues no matter what I try.

I will wait until Papka responds before trying anything else.

I've experienced the same google Play Services issue with the 7.2.9 China Dev ROM when updating today.
I also pressed 8 instead of zero to exit the Toolbox and lost all my user data as a result :( A confirm button would be nice on the Toolbox.

So, I've tried the rebooting 3 times, removing Google Account prior to the update, wiping and installing 7.1.20 and then updating to 7.2.9, also using the Toolbox options to re-configure the Userdata partition ....still Google issues no matter what I try.

I will wait until Papka responds before trying anything else.

Ehhhh.... I wrote, that you don't need to clean DATA, if you just applying update to my previous ROM... I will add confirmation question...
You are on Xiaomi.eu based ROM or on China dev based?
Let's try then such steps: go to Settings->Installed apps. Search there for Google Play store, Google Play services, Google Account Manager, Google Services Framework. Open each of them and clear data and cache. For Google Play services choose Manage space and choose Clear all data there. Then go to Settings->Other accounts and remove Google account. Then go to Play store app. You will be asked to login to Google account. Do this. After you will went wizard, reboot device. Then wait for 5min. and reboot it again. Let me know about results.
I didn't do reset for my device, and I didn't have fc's, but after your feedback I'll have enough information to decide what to do. So waiting for your feedback.

It might be connected to new version of GAPPS, I in China dev based ROM... I didn't heard about such problems on Xiaomi.eu based ROM... Let's see...

Hi Papka__,

Thanks for your effort and work on this. Loving your ROM and your tool to the bits!

I'm on China Dev 7.2.9 and China Dev 7.2.16 just prompted from the Update app. Is it safe to apply the update or should inwait for your build?

Best regards,
Kimu

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk

Hi Papka__,

Thanks for your effort and work on this. Loving your ROM and your tool to the bits!

I'm on China Dev 7.2.9 and China Dev 7.2.16 just prompted from the Update app. Is it safe to apply the update or should inwait for your build?

Best regards,
Kimu

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk

You can update. Should not be a problem. Build 7.2.9 was a special case. Don't think something like that will be in near future.

Btw... Do you have problems with GAPPS crashes?

Ehhhh.... I wrote, that you don't need to clean DATA, if you just applying update to my previous ROM... I will add confirmation question...
You are on Xiaomi.eu based ROM or on China dev based?
Let's try then such steps: go to Settings->Installed apps. Search there for Google Play store, Google Play services, Google Account Manager, Google Services Framework. Open each of them and clear data and cache. For Google Play services choose Manage space and choose Clear all data there. Then go to Settings->Other accounts and remove Google account. Then go to Play store app. You will be asked to login to Google account. Do this. After you will went wizard, reboot device. Then wait for 5min. and reboot it again. Let me know about results.
I didn't do reset for my device, and I didn't have fc's, but after your feedback I'll have enough information to decide what to do. So waiting for your feedback.

It might be connected to new version of GAPPS, I in China dev based ROM... I didn't heard about such problems on Xiaomi.eu based ROM... Let's see...

Hi papka,

I knew that I shouldn't erase User Data but my tired eyes thought that Exit was 8 when it was actually 0.....once I pressed 8 there was no going back.....hours of re-work to get my Userdata set up again, installing apps and logging in to all those apps for the first time......caused me to lose 4-5 hours of time. My fault entirely....but a confirm question in the Toolbox would be great.

OK, to your questions. I was on China Dev and have been doing the weekly updates upto and including 7.1.20. There was no weekly update for end January.
Before your latest post, I already went ahead last night and installed China Dev 6.12.8 as that was the latest one I had on my laptop. All was good, Google keyboard worked, Services OK and Play Store OK. I re-installed all of my apps and logins (hence 4-5 hours until 3am!) It is working well now.

So, now I have received the Update prompt for 7.2.16 What shall I do ??
1) Update to 7.2.16 and pray
2) Follow your instructions and increment step to 7.1.20 and then 7.2.9 first before attempting 7.2.16
3) something else

BTW, I did remove my Google Account yesterday before updating to 7.2.9 BUT DIDN'T clear all data first.
I did reboot many times (I know you normally need two) and waited minutes in-between on a super fast work wifi connection to ensure all had synced. But Google errored on Keyboards, Services / Framework and of course Play Store wouldn't open.

Waiting to hear your recommendation :)

Thanks
Steven

Hi papka,

I knew that I shouldn't erase User Data but my tired eyes thought that Exit was 8 when it was actually 0.....once I pressed 8 there was no going back.....hours of re-work to get my Userdata set up again, installing apps and logging in to all those apps for the first time......caused me to lose 4-5 hours of time. My fault entirely....but a confirm question in the Toolbox would be great.

OK, to your questions. I was on China Dev and have been doing the weekly updates upto and including 7.1.20. There was no weekly update for end January.
Before your latest post, I already went ahead last night and installed China Dev 6.12.8 as that was the latest one I had on my laptop. All was good, Google keyboard worked, Services OK and Play Store OK. I re-installed all of my apps and logins (hence 4-5 hours until 3am!) It is working well now.

So, now I have received the Update prompt for 7.2.16 What shall I do ??
1) Update to 7.2.16 and pray
2) Follow your instructions and increment step to 7.1.20 and then 7.2.9 first before attempting 7.2.16
3) something else

BTW, I did remove my Google Account yesterday before updating to 7.2.9 BUT DIDN'T clear all data first.
I did reboot many times (I know you normally need two) and waited minutes in-between on a super fast work wifi connection to ensure all had synced. But Google errored on Keyboards, Services / Framework and of course Play Store wouldn't open.

Waiting to hear your recommendation :)

Thanks
Steven

1. Why you not using Mi backup? You would be able to restore everything easy.
2. Do not update anything now. I will reset my device and will try to setup it once again to get same errors. When problems will be fixed, I'll publish version, you can just flash over without resetting device.

Strange situation. If you will look 2 posts above, looks like Gearosv2 have no such problems....

1. Why you not using Mi backup? You would be able to restore everything easy.
2. Do not update anything now. I will reset my device and will try to setup it once again to get same errors. When problems will be fixed, I'll publish version, you can just flash over without resetting device.

Strange situation. If you will look 2 posts above, looks like Gearosv2 have no such problems....

1. I've just downloaded MiSuite and installed. I can connect to Mi Pad 2 but an onscreen message states that I have to update the device to the latest version of software before using !!!!! Catch 22.
2. I'm enjoying the device as it is for the time being....everything is running sweet, except I've lost all my game saves from wiping the Userdata by mistake!?!

Yes, Gearosv2 didn't mention any issues with Google Keyboard/Services/Framework or Play Store.
Maybe he's as smart as you !
:)

1. I've just downloaded MiSuite and installed. I can connect to Mi Pad 2 but an onscreen message states that I have to update the device to the latest version of software before using !!!!! Catch 22.
2. I'm enjoying the device as it is for the time being....everything is running sweet, except I've lost all my game saves from wiping the Userdata by mistake!?!

Yes, Gearosv2 didn't mention any issues with Google Keyboard/Services/Framework or Play Store.
Maybe he's as smart as you !
:)

For what you need MiSuite?
Yeah, this data wipe was not the brightest idea. About backups, my idea was, that you can go to settings and make local backup. Also in MI account you can have cloud apps backup...
Looks like it's something happen when it's clean install. I will look into that. Just stay on existing version.

Ok. I see the problem and it's connected purely to GAPPS. Maybe it was something wrong with latest version. I will try another one. Will keep you updated.