Feedback For New Mini 8

andrewit

Members
Mar 10, 2016
As title says I created this thread so that people who upgraded to most recent Miui 8 can share their feedback about the new ROM.
Feel free to post your opinions.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Reactions: exalted piece
Hi everybody, If I install MIUI 8 china developer rom via fastboot, I will lose my twrp ? and root permision?
By the way, Is it still on android 5.1.1 ?

Last edited:
I didn't get the update through the Updater app...
In 'About Phone' my version is MIUI 7.4 by xiaomi.eu 6.5.5 | Beta.
Since I bought this phone I only updated it with the Updater app so I won't void my warrenty.
Anyone knows when will I receive the update?

Already use it for half a day,

Flash it with twrp (wipe all), root, xposed, install other apps all success smoothly.

Only edge control is missing from this miui 8

Very good ...keep us posted how it performs please....

For all day the battery is very good, still 85% for using it around 10 hour.

No problem at all playing games, social, messenger all is good.

Oh yeah just realize there is no calculator app hahahahah... never use it so didn't make any problem.

New MIUI 8 Calculator app doesn't support other lang than EN/CN yet...

Hahaha... its ok, many other calculator app if i need it.

For ui i think its more like metro style from microsoft and the notification bar is so like samsung one (can still set to separate too)

And about second space it worked like a charm hahahah nice feature in miui 8, so i can keep my workspace really private and use an app with different account

Last edited:
It's updates are monthly now...just download from Xiaomi.EU to your phone and use the Updater App >choose update package...to install

Can you please give me a link to download the exact clean ROM that i should receive in Updater app (should be w\o root and everything)?

Hi guys!
Today I put 6.6.17 on my mi4c and it is quite good. I have calculator, but no options for edge control, but in camera when I press the edge, a dot appears down! I have noticed that camera crashes if you choose manual mode. The other seems to be good. I will test for another day and let you know if anything else is not working :)

Everything seems to be working fine so far. I had to use the search to open up the edge control settings though. I don't know if this is intended but the navigation buttons in the shortcut menu don't work when buttons are turned off?

I would also like to know.
Also, what about heat?

Im not notice about the battery life, and not testing it or compare it when i used eu miui 7.
but as far as i know for now that the battery life is good enough for me LOL.

about the heat nothing change from before, still overheat if doing download or play games for about 10 minutes
*** now there is something notice about the phone CPU temperature if it reach around 45 degree

Reactions: Stefano131270
Im not notice about the battery life, and not testing it or compare it when i used eu miui 7.
but as far as i know for now that the battery life is good enough for me LOL.

about the heat nothing change from before, still overheat if doing download or play games for about 10 minutes
*** now there is something notice about the phone CPU temperature if it reach around 45 degree
I think there must be something wrong. My brother's phone (huawei) doesn't get that hot. My Mi4c gets REALLY hot.
Try this: use it intensively for 30 min. Then put it on your forearm: it burns you as it's damn hot!

I think there must be something wrong. My brother's phone (huawei) doesn't get that hot. My Mi4c gets REALLY hot.
Try this: use it intensively for 30 min. Then put it on your forearm: it burns you as it's damn hot!

LoL yeah that is true, if i see it with CPU-Z the temperature its reach around 60-65 celcius.
maybe we can fried egg with our phone :p

my friend phone (acer) is hot too but not as spicy as my mi4c LoL

Hey at all, I installed the beta version from xiaomi.eu just a few hours ago. It's pretty nice so far.
The only thing I don't like is that it seems to not be rooted! I thought the dev builds are always rooted?!
Can someone help? Thanks

As title says I created this thread so that people who upgraded to most recent Miui 8 can share their feedback about the new ROM.
Feel free to post your opinions.

just download and wipe all to new weekly update (MiUI 8 6.6.23_v8-5.1)

the calculator is there now LoL.

1. Wipe and Flash to new Rom : Done nothing to worry
2. Root : Done without problem * on TWRP
3. XPosed Framework and the modules : Done
4. Adblock : Done
4. Titanium Backup and restore user app : Done no problem at all * sweet

That all what i have done till now, the performance i will check it out later

*** oh yeah new icon on setting, nice one :)

Anyone to say how this new update runs on Mi4c?

for me, its all good...

work well, not found any bug for my daily use.

GPS, battery, etc all good ...

use it for play games like asphalt 8, traffic rider, airattack2, clash royale, and other games all smooth like baby ass.

Hello how to adjust, the sound,of system,of the Miui 8, I can not find anywhere this setting