Fingerprint Not Working

torojet

Members
Nov 30, 2017
I know there are lots of topics about this issue, but I couldn't find the exact problem and the solution for this.

My phone's fingerprint sensor was working just fine, sometimes working, sometimes not, I'm not complaining about this. However, yesterday something happened. I went to sleep and when I woke up fingerprint sensor acted like crazy. Like, whenever I press the lock button to open the screen, It thinks that I have a finger on the fingerprint sensor, it tries to read it. If I press the fingerprint, I believe that my fingerprint stays there, so whenever I press the lock button again to open the screen, it tries to read and successfully opens it.

Also, if I clean the sensor, then when I woke the phone, it fails so many times to read in just seconds, and it asks me to enter the password with numbers.

I tried to delete registered fingerprints. After that I tried to add again same prints, however, even my hand is not touching to the sensor, it reads something, and it registers it. I have cleaned the sensor so many times, I don't believe this is about some dirt.

I have rebooted the phone countless times. It wasn't fixed. What should I do? Send to the RMA? Is it a sensor issue or software issue? If it is a software issue, how can I fix this?

I'm using MI 5s/3gb/64gb with global ROM. Didn't touch anything about the ROM or firmware.