First time. I little bit lost

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by aston, Jul 5, 2013.

1. aston

astonMembers

Jul 5, 2013
    Hello everybody!
    I'm quite exited I got my new shiny Xiaomi directly here in China.
    Obviously it doesn't have any Google app so I would like to make it western friendly, but I'm a little bit confused about the mods and what to do exactly.

Are they official? The first page here says I could flash the phone by OTA, but from the device I only see a MIUI JLB18.0 version (and I didn't find any info about that).

I guess the 3.6.28 version found here is an update of something that should be already on my phone, right?

Or I can just download it, flash the phone and everything will be smooth?

Any hint is very appreciated, thanks! :)

2. Coldbird

ColdbirdMembers

Mar 1, 2013
    Male
    Install the Clockwork recovery, the miuiandroid Rom and the Google app package.

That's about it.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta

3. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

You don't need clockwork recovery... Just install our rom via updater app...

~Tapatalk 4~

4. aston

astonMembers

Jul 5, 2013
    Thank you guys for the quick support.

So ingbrzy you are suggesting to download the rom on the phone (I'll study better the whole procedure) and so I should find it with the updater app. Correct me if I'm wrong or missing something pls ;)

Just to less newbie, what's wrong with Coldbird way?

5. ingbrzy

Staff Member

Yea thats right... And all next updates will be automatically installed via OTA.. :) easy life with us.. :)

~Tapatalk 4~

xepyonx likes this.
  6. aston

astonMembers

Jul 5, 2013
    Thanks guys, I managed to install it with the updater without an effort. Actually I thought it would wipe everything but I see it still have a Chinese flavor. Is it supposed to be like that or I'm missing something?
    Anyway finally I got Google Play and all the related stuff. Now I'm discovering my little beast :cool::)

7. ingbrzy

Staff Member

just uninsall those chinese apps...

Share Our Site