Fix: After Magisk installation always reboot in fastboot

katerpanne

Members
Apr 19, 2014
Hi together,

now I have a new Mi10. Everything was working fine, unlock newest xiaomi.eu image...
But then I installed Magisk and went back in a fastboot modus after reboot about 3697 times.

Here is the solution...
  • unzipp your favorite xiaomi.eu rom
  • copy the file "boot.img" to your phone into the folder "/download/"
  • install "magisk manager app" or from here (the newest version) and start it (dont install magisk itself with twrp)
  • open "magisk manager app" and select "install" right from topic "magisk"
  • select your boot image in "/download/" (boot.img)
    • and wait a little bit for patching the "boot.img" to "magisk_patched.img"
  • the patched boot image will be in "/download/" (magisk_patched.img)
  • start twrp - install -> install image and flash the "magisk_patched.img" into the "boot" partition

thats all ...
Regards Kater

Hint: After flashing the image, delete the file "magisk_patched.img" and "TWRP" some applications will check this :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
For further information about "Magisk bootloop" and "SafetyNet Test" read this threads

Magisk fix safety net

Magisk new firmware bootloop
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

*** Update - New version from john Magisk for Android 11 ***

Here you can find the new version ...

https://github.com/topjohnwu

Choose canary

And download the file

Release Notes

Reported issues
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues

PS: In the meanwhile there is a new release so dont wonder if the newest version is higher than 20421 !!!

Update 09.09.2020

Last edited:
Hi together,

now I have a new Mi10. Everything was working fine, unlock newest xiaomi.eu image...
But then I installed Magisk and went back in a fastboot modus after reboot about 3697 times.

Here is the solution...

• unzipp your favorite xiaomi.eu rom
  • copy the file "boot.img" to your phone into the folder "/download/"
  • install "magisk manager app" and start it (dont install magisk itself with twrp)
  • open "magisk manager app" and select "install" right from topic "magisk"
  • select your boot image in "/download/" (boot.img)
  • the patched boot image will be in "/download/" (magisk_patched.img)
  • start twrp - install image and flash the "magisk_patched.img" into the "boot" partition
  • thats all ...
Regards Kater

Hint: After flashing the image, delete the file "magisk_patched.img" some applications will check this :)
Thank's a lot , it's working now

• start twrp - install image and flash the "magisk_patched.img" into the "boot" partition

I have some question with this step,
What does "Install Image" mean? is it mean install the Xiaomi.eu ROM image?
And how to flash boot parition with TWRP?

Thanks.

I have some question with this step,
What does "Install Image" mean? is it mean install the Xiaomi.eu ROM image?
And how to flash boot parition with TWRP?

Thanks.

Good morning ...

I have updated the description in more detail. "Install Image" does NOT mean install xiaomi-rom again ...

Happy day, regards Kater

If you use Android 11 it is no wonder :) use the search function for a Android 11 solution. I did not update the thread yet
An update of magisk canary has been released, is the latest version compatible with the eu weekly Android 11 rom?
fd24398ba0ddd9deed5bf71885a4448b.jpg

Inviato dal mio POCO F2 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

An update of magisk canary has been released, is the latest version compatible with the eu weekly Android 11 rom?

Magisk "Canary" should work on Android 11 ROM, for Xiaomi devices, since version (20421). ;)

Magisk "Canary" should work on Android 11 ROM, for Xiaomi devices, since version (20421). ;)
It hasn't worked so far, if it works with this latest version which came out today

That works. But I can't modify the files in /system folder even I get the root permission. What's the problem?

That works. But I can't modify the files in /system folder even I get the root permission. What's the problem?

You can use twrp for changing system app. But some people said they are not able to install it with twrp and sometimes it will end in a fastboot in Android 11.

Try to use a package installer like SAI or search for a newer twrp.

Thanks you Katerpanne ! My Mi10 Pro is rooted with android 11 !
Do you use Adaway ? I have an issue, impossible to write on the host file. Thanks.

I updated my poco F2 Pro to Android 11 today but magisk canary does not pass safetynet check.
I have the ROM xiaomi.eu weekly
How can I solve?
b2b3479344b562a251baed6d7e42a188.jpg

Inviato dal mio Redmi K30 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk