Invalid [FIXED]DNS Server Error

jackthiago

Members
Jan 23, 2021
I think the dns settings have problems. Beacause i setted up a pi-hole and set the pi-hole ip as dns server in my MI 9 wifi settings but not all the queries go thru that dns. I tried with an older android phone and on that everything works as it should.
I have setted just on dns server and not the backup and if i reboot pi-hole i can still navigate on my Mi 9 and that should not happen if my dns server is down. It's like the wifi bypass the dns

I think the dns settings have problems. Beacause i setted up a pi-hole and set the pi-hole ip as dns server in my MI 9 wifi settings but not all the queries go thru that dns. I tried with an older android phone and on that everything works as it should.
I have setted just on dns server and not the backup and if i reboot pi-hole i can still navigate on my Mi 9 and that should not happen if my dns server is down. It's like the wifi bypass the dns
How did u check the query dns passthrough?

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

on the gui of pi-hole you can check the queries of every IPs. and my MI 9 IP query was totaly off. I think just 1% of the real queries were shown

on the gui of pi-hole you can check the queries of every IPs. and my MI 9 IP query was totaly off. I think just 1% of the real queries were shown
Idk exactly how Android dns works, but would u try with proxy?

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Ok found the fix. I had to deactivate Private DNS from connection Setting and activate DNS only on Specific Wifi network