Flash Mi 8 EE China Version to EU ROM?

devinacosta

Members
Aug 31, 2018
I just imported today the Mi 8 EE China Version that has locked boot loader. From what I can tell there is no word on when the Global ROM will be made available. I want to make sure I don't brick my phone, but I have flashed ROM's in the past.

I can not find any twrp for xiaomi ee anywhere.
Anybody know if it exists?
Why is there a rom xiaomi.eu if it can not be installed?

Then, Why is there a Rom for Xiaomi MI8 EE?
How can be installed this ROM without TWRP???

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Then, Why is there a Rom for Xiaomi MI8 EE?
How can be installed this ROM without TWRP???

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

When a TWRP appears, you are all set!

There are, or at least have been, other custom recoveries besides TWRP.

For someone who knows what they are doing, it is probably possible to flash a custom rom without TWRP.

Hi,
my EE is coming on post and I also want to install eu rom when phone came to me. Need I wait 2 weeks that unlocking? If need is there any trick to fast it? Does anybody know how I can install eu rom without twrp as someone already asked?

Hi,

the file is named "twrp-3.2.3-0-dipper.img" -> "dipper" = "Xiaomi Mi8"
The Board Name for the "Mi8 Explorer / EE" is "ursa"

One guy tested it:
It let me install the TWRP to my Mi 8 EE and can reboot to system. But when I try to install the ROM from xiaomi.eu (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8Explorer_V10.0.4.0.OEHCNFH_v10-8.1.zip), it have error message saying that this device is dipper(Mi 8) instead of ursa(Mi 8 EE) and don't let me install. Is that possible to make some adjustment on the TWRP?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joonala
I use mi 8 ee around month also. Use mi 8 twrp with eu rom, however, everytime when i want to flash new rom, i have to modify the rom file from ursa to dipper so twrp flash the file. Working great btw :)

One guy tested it:
It let me install the TWRP to my Mi 8 EE and can reboot to system. But when I try to install the ROM from xiaomi.eu (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8Explorer_V10.0.4.0.OEHCNFH_v10-8.1.zip), it have error message saying that this device is dipper(Mi 8) instead of ursa(Mi 8 EE) and don't let me install. Is that possible to make some adjustment on the TWRP?
Who tested it if I can ask? There's a video or post?

I use mi 8 ee around month also. Use mi 8 twrp with eu rom, however, everytime when i want to flash new rom, i have to modify the rom file from ursa to dipper so twrp flash the file. Working great btw :)
Hi. Thanks for your report. Can I ask you how can we modify the EU rom file for Explorer (ursa) to dipper?
What happens if we install directly the EU dipper rom instead of ursa modified ROM? Anyone tried it?

Last edited:
Who tested it if I can ask? There's a video or post?

Hi. Thanksfor your reporting. Can I ask you how can we modify the EU rom file for Explorer (ursa) to dipper?
What happens if we install directly the EU dipper rom instead of ursa modified ROM? Anyone tried it?

no, you cant flash if you use dipper twrp (error 7 in twrp) i tried before. currently we dont have ursa twrp so dipper twrp is our only choice. search twrp 7 error and you know how to modify the ursa rom to dipper rom to flash.

Thank you very much! Just to be safe, can you please make a photo of your explorer and EU rom installed?

Thank you very much! Just to be safe, can you please make a photo of your explorer and EU rom installed?
41384935_151478405781405_95956282426523648_n.jpg

0. Use "MI8 TWRP" on "MI8 Explorer Edition" and install custom ROM
1. open downloaded custom "rom.zip"
2. go to -> \xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8Explorer_V10.0.4.0.OEHCNFH_v10-8.1.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\
3. edit -> updater-script
4. change -> getprop("ro.product.device") == "ursa" to getprop("ro.product.device") == "dipper"
5. enjoy :)

Hi folks, may I know if google apps and google pay works using this global rom? Any issue with banking or other secure apps? Thanks

google pay: dont use so I dont know
google apps: work flawless
bank apps: work no problem so far

Hi folks, may I know if google apps and google pay works using this global rom? Any issue with banking or other secure apps? Thanks
Hi as you ask about banking apps are you having problems with banking apps, as I am with regard to in store purchases cannot be installed, any ideas apart from new rom?
Thanks Dezza

Hi as you ask about banking apps are you having problems with banking apps, as I am with regard to in store purchases cannot be installed, any ideas apart from new rom?
Thanks Dezza

Reactions: Wirav
No I havent tried yet. Just received the handset yesterday :) thx to bro Barcovn, now I have guts to try

Thanks Dezza

0. Use "MI8 TWRP" on "MI8 Explorer Edition" and install custom ROM
1. open downloaded custom "rom.zip"
2. go to -> \xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8Explorer_V10.0.4.0.OEHCNFH_v10-8.1.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\
3. edit -> updater-script
4. change -> getprop("ro.product.device") == "ursa" to getprop("ro.product.device") == "dipper"
5. enjoy :)
Will OTA Updates still working with this process?
What happen if i Flash latest Zip via Updater without change the zip name in "dipper"?