Flashing an operator branded Mi 11 with a stock rom

Gaddouur

Members
Oct 23, 2021
Hello everyone

so i'm new here but i've done some thourough research about how to flash an operator branded mi 11 (mine is a branded SFR france rom RKBEUSF) to a stock rom! so i've got two questions and i hope i got answers with you guys!

1. the branded rom is miui 12.5.1 so can i flash it with miui 12.5.4 and not risk an antirollback error? (i have to mention that i dont want to flash it with the latest eea rom which is 12.5.7)

2. Can i flash a stock global rom in my branded sfr device and lock the bootloder (global not eea) without risking a bricked device?

thanks in advance guys

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
Hello!

1. As far as I know, the antirollback error should never happen on recent Xiaomi devices. Meaning you can flash any "fastboot" ROM (with an unlocked bootloader) or any Global ROM (with a locked bootloader) you want. :)

2. "EEA" ROM (=the current ROM of your device) is a Global ROM to Xiaomi so it should be possible to flash, without issue, the "Global" ROM with a locked bootloader.

EDIT: If you can't flash a fastboot ROM then you have to unlock the bootloader of your device first than use "clean flash & lock" (default option) in Mi Flash for flashing any Global "fastboot" ROM.

;)

Gaddouur

Members
Oct 23, 2021
Hello!

1. As far as I know, the antirollback error should never happen on recent Xiaomi devices. Meaning you can flash any "fastboot" ROM (with an unlocked bootloader) or any Global ROM (with a locked bootloader) you want. :)

2. "EEA" ROM (=the current ROM of your device) is a Global ROM to Xiaomi so it should be possible to flash, without issue, the "Global" ROM with a locked bootloader.

EDIT: If you can't flash a fastboot ROM then you have to unlock the bootloader of your device first than use "clean flash & lock" (default option) in Mi Flash for flashing any Global "fastboot" ROM.

;)
so i understand that you can flash a global rom even though my device came with a stock eea rom (rom for europe so it's another reason) and still lock the bootloader?
thank you for replying

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
so clear thanks
last question if i may
currently i'm waiting for the bootloader to be unlocked i did all the process and i'm waiting 168 hours. is there anyway to check how many hours are left ?
Use the Mi Unlock tool during this period to check the time left but it's 7 days (1 week) so you normally no need to check it... ^^

Reactions: Gaddouur

Jimnasium

Members
May 16, 2021
Hello everyone

so i'm new here but i've done some thourough research about how to flash an operator branded mi 11 (mine is a branded SFR france rom RKBEUSF) to a stock rom! so i've got two questions and i hope i got answers with you guys!

1. the branded rom is miui 12.5.1 so can i flash it with miui 12.5.4 and not risk an antirollback error? (i have to mention that i dont want to flash it with the latest eea rom which is 12.5.7)

2. Can i flash a stock global rom in my branded sfr device and lock the bootloder (global not eea) without risking a bricked device?

thanks in advance guys
You can flash an unlock phone with any compatible rom. Just don't try to re-lock the bootloader with anything but the original rom. I have the chinese version and have successfully flashed on my Mi 11 Ultra, the EEA rom, Global rom, Xiaomi stable and weekly. I am currently running the Xiaomi.eu weekly rom, based on MIUI 12.6 and Android 12 for my Mi 11 Ultra.