Flashlight brightness

cdxx710

Members
Apr 17, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm using the latest weekly builds for my Mi 13 Pro since few weeks now, and woww... never expected as much. Such greats optimisations and life-changing features. But as the eternal unsatisfied that I am, I was wondering if in the near future will come a feature to change flashlight brightness, I'm really excited about this feature getting added and especially since the android 13's release supposed to bring it natively, but never worked on my different xiaomis...

Thanks for reading and possibly answering

Mobile phone camera flash is not specifically designed to be used as a flashlight, even if it can function as one.
They are designed to emit a brief burst of bright light to illuminate a scene for photography.
Being as such, the intensity of the light is constant by design and forcing it any higher is not safe, as it can cause them to overheat and potentially damage it or the phone itself.

I was definitely thinking about reducing the intensity, the max brightness always been ok to me. But thanks for response and knowledge

I was definitely thinking about reducing the intensity, the max brightness always been ok to me. But thanks for response and knowledge
Here's someone else's answer to that question. I'm not familiar with Samsung phones, so it's news even to me as I've never seen a camera flash with adjustable intensity.

I see, so unless Xiaomi themselves adds the feature trough a compatible flashlight module, we will basically never see that coming as it's not about the firmware. Thanks for the time you spent and your explanations, that makes more sense to me now.